Mass - Private sale question

Wanting to confirm with a mass resident who have actually sold a pistol to another mass resident.

From what I've read, the only official thing I have to do is fill out the FA10 form. As long as the buyer has the proper LTC to purchase it.

Did I miss something?

No, you haven't missed anything. Just remember to send in the FA-10 form within seven days of the sale.

Some folks also write up a bill of sale, but this is not essential if one merely wishes to comply with Massachusetts' firearms transfer laws.

Don't forget to get some money for it too! [lol] [lol]

No, the FA-10 and RESIDENT LTC are all that are required for a private sale.

Yes, I would do a bill of sale too as a CYA (signed by both parties). Additionally, if the gun were not on the EOPS List but I owned it prior to 1998, I would attest to that fact on the bill of sale so that s/he would be able to legally sell it thru a MA dealer at some future time if desired.

By the way, airpw, when it comes to gun laws in MA, you can trust Len, because he really knows his stuff.

If he keeps this up, and could stand the cut in pay, he could easily become a lawyer!

No dear, no one asked if they may. Just trying to do some house cleaning as you boys sometimes put your toys in the wrong section. [wink]

Back
Top Bottom