• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Mass Compliant Sig P320??????

Mike:

In looking at the way it is configured in the fire mechanism, that might not be so easy. There are a couple of levers interfacing with the trigger as well as an odd looking spring. I would be concerned (especially not being a gunsmith) that something would cease to function making the "gun" useless. I would defer to someone on this site who has more experience in such matters. I've modified my Ruger Mark III to avoid the magazine release "safety" design, but there's lots of information out there about doing that particular "surgery".

Peter

Have you guys figured out yet if you can just rip off the stupid ****ing safety off the MA model and throw it away without compromising the operation of the gun? That'd probably be the most desirable mod.

-Mike

I thought i read somewhere that you could do just that, but can't seem to find it. It might have been on facebook.

peter, sounds like you have a market for a product, buy a bunch of grips, hack them up, and sell them!

I have a MA one and a free state one. Compared the two fire control units the other day. The safety definitely does not just pop out and leave a functional gun. There are at least 2 parts I can see that would need replacing (a pin and the trigger bar) as the parts differ. More concerning, though, is that the chassis isn't exactly the same. I think looking at it that it would still work if you had the right replacement parts but I don't have the parts to be able to try it.

Have you guys figured out yet if you can just rip off the stupid ****ing safety off the MA model and throw it away without compromising the operation of the gun? That'd probably be the most desirable mod.

-Mike

**Still have to test for function**

Safety tabs can be cut off off. Pin is held in by grip module walls if you have a no-cut-out grip module. Right now I have mine in a spare P250 grip module, but waiting on a newer slide release grip to come in mail.

Hardest part was figuring out how to get the takedown safety bar out with stupid safety tabs in the way.

My FCU would not release the striker depending on if I applied pressure to the left safety vs. right safety tab. Pistol wasn't completely trustworthy to fire when trigger was pressed and it tripped me up when I tried it at a competition on 1 stage (gun no go bang [sad]). Also couldn't release slide with those humongous tabs in the way.

Pics to follow...

View attachment 182427

In a grip module with the safety tabs cut off. I used a reinforced cutting disc on a dremel.

View attachment 182426View attachment 182432

Thinking about entire process. It might not be necessary to even need to disassemble FCU. The right safety tab could be removed and the pin shortened in place. The right safety tab is held on by the tab/detent/whatever

View attachment 182429

Disclaimer: this will void your warranty. proceed at your own risk.

View attachment 182427

In a grip module with the safety tabs cut off. I used a reinforced cutting disc on a dremel.

View attachment 182426View attachment 182432

Thinking about entire process. It might not be necessary to even need to disassemble FCU. The right safety tab could be removed and the pin shortened in place. The right safety tab is held on by the tab/detent/whatever

View attachment 182429

Disclaimer: this will void your warranty. proceed at your own risk.
It looks as though you are removing the external safety tabs only. Do you think there is any chance the safety could be somehow engaged and then unable to be disengaged with the tabs removed?

It looks as though you are removing the external safety tabs only. Do you think there is any chance the safety could be somehow engaged and then unable to be disengaged with the tabs removed?

I don't think so. The pin that remains is completely round. It doesn't interfere with the sear or striker safety. If you look at an intact safety, the blocking of the trigger bar occurs because of a protrusion that is on the right safety tab. With that tab removed, there is nothing to lock up the trigger bar movement.

I don't think so. The pin that remains is completely round. It doesn't interfere with the sear or striker safety. If you look at an intact safety, the blocking of the trigger bar occurs because of a protrusion that is on the right safety tab. With that tab removed, there is nothing to lock up the trigger bar movement.
Makes sense. Thanks

I just did this exact same thing but with a SC kit. I am still torn on if I like the manual safety option or not. Drill, dremel and a little cleanup and it looks factory!

Quick FYI: The hammer pivot pin from the P250 FCU is a perfect fit. I ordered the P250 parts kit (PKIT-250C-9) which is a good deal in itself if you have a P250. Pin fits perfectly. No need to dremel if you don't want to.

ETA: Take that Marsha!

Stop caring about whether or not its compliant and start looking. You'll find one eventually. Ignore anyone who tells you "its not legal" etc, etc, ad nauseam. They are full of crap. The only thing you have to deal with in respect to the law is magazine capacity. On the other hand... it looks like a slightly less terrible version of a P250 but it's still way too big for what it is. Frankly I can tell you right now you will be better served by a Glock, an XD, or an M&P with whatever trigger mods suit your fancy being done. All of these guns are more size efficient than that thing is. It's a polymer framed school bus.

-Mike

This^^^ 1,000 times. Close the thread, no need to go on.

-Mike

And you'd be nailed to the cross by some up-and-coming, or gun-hating, assistant DA should you use it during a deadly force encounter.

Sounds sorta like removing the mag disconnects from other polymer guns like Smiths and Rugers.

YMMV.

And you'd be nailed to the cross by some up-and-coming, or gun-hating, assistant DA should you use it during a deadly force encounter.

Sounds sorta like removing the mag disconnects from other polymer guns like Smiths and Rugers.

In my case I don't care because my guns never had that lever to begin with, but what relevancy does a safety lever have in a lawful self defense shooting? None.

Then again I don't huff the Ayoob glue fumes, not even in a state like MA.

-Mike

Trying one out. Needs sights and a guide rod for starters.

214ca8e386cba5b6ab2fb8cf8cc43eff.jpg

Lotta hoopla over the manual safety. It's not a problem and it's not going to engage by itself. Leave it off and you'll accomplish the same thing as a gun without one.

These guns shoot great. Just too bad we get the itty bitty mags.

-Mike

I would like to know this as well. It is constantly getting in the way of my thumb. I have no problem carrying without a thumb safety.

Quick FYI: The hammer pivot pin from the P250 FCU is a perfect fit. I ordered the P250 parts kit (PKIT-250C-9) which is a good deal in itself if you have a P250. Pin fits perfectly. No need to dremel if you don't want to.

ETA: Take that Marsha!

Are you saying a pin in the 250 parts kit will help get rid of the safety on a p320?

if so, how did that work out?

Back
Top Bottom