• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Mass Compliant Sig P320??????

I need to get a P320. Not a fan of the MA version though. I'll do some detective work and get a free state version.

There is at least 1 shop that sells p320's without the dumb safety to anyone in massachusetts. Just gotta look around. The P320 is on the approved list.

hahahahaha. Good one. your forgetting that it's not on the AG's list.

How do you know that? Did she suddenly start publishing the list and giving actual direction to dealers?

No? Then it continues to be "Best guess" until she does so.

There is no model number differentiator between external safety and non external safety model versions from what I was told.

- - - Updated - - -

But whatever. I'm not here to argue with anyone. Just sharing my experiences

hahahahaha. Good one. your forgetting that it's not on the AG's list.

That's cute but nobody cares, and that's the dealers problem. If the dealer flips the bird to compliance, it's not your problem, and not even worth worrying about.

-Mike

There is no model number differentiator between external safety and non external safety model versions from what I was told.

- - - Updated - - -

But whatever. I'm not here to argue with anyone. Just sharing my experiences
There is a different model #

There is a different model #

Model numbers come from the gun itself, not the boxes. Many guns after initial purchase are later sold w/o boxes with further identifying info on them.

Even with a box, the proper # to put down is from the gun, not the box.

Model numbers come from the gun itself, not the boxes. Many guns after initial purchase are later sold w/o boxes with further identifying info on them.

Even with a box, the proper # to put down is from the gun, not the box.
The manual safety version has a different model number than the version without. Are you saying that they have the same model number?

Last edited:
The manual safety version has a different model number than the version without. Are you saying that they have the same model number?

What is marked ON THE GUN?

When I buy guns, new or used, the dealers write down (type on MIRCS) the model number and S/N on the gun, not what is marked on the box.

Let's look at this a different way:

You buy it and it is registered as model # "320C-9-BSS-MS-MA"

Three years later you sell it to a dealer and have thrown the box away.

Said dealer records it in his BB as Model # "320C" as that is what is marked on the gun. He sells it to John Smith and records it in the MIRCS system as Model # "320C".

A few years later someone does a trace by S/N and they find TWO guns with the same S/N, one as "320C-9-BSS-MS-MA" and one as "320C". They don't know that it is the same gun, so they come knocking at your door.

Keep in mind that it is perfectly legal for a mfr to re-use S/Ns for different model guns, so the S/N and Model # are a set that should be traceable.

Said dealer records it in his BB as Model # "320C" as that is what is marked on the gun. He sells it to John Smith and records it in the MIRCS system as Model # "320C".

A few years later someone does a trace by S/N and they find TWO guns with the same S/N, one as "320C-9-BSS-MS-MA" and one as "320C". They don't know that it is the same gun, so they come knocking at your door.

Keep in mind that it is perfectly legal for a mfr to re-use S/Ns for different model guns, so the S/N and Model # are a set that should be traceable.
I understand what you are saying. It's interesting that the only time the specific configuration/model # is relevant is when it is on the box and being sold over the counter by a shop. We all know why that is. I wonder if Sig would even send the standard configuration (say 9mm, 17rnd, no safety) to a Mass shop or would they have to explain themselves?

I understand what you are saying. It's interesting that the only time the specific configuration/model # is relevant is when it is on the box and being sold over the counter by a shop. We all know why that is. I wonder if Sig would even send the standard configuration (say 9mm, 17rnd, no safety) to a Mass shop or would they have to explain themselves?

Considering that an FFL can possess any gun for business, can sell out of state (that's what most do if they advertise on Gunbroker, etc.) there is no reason for mfrs or distributors to restrict sales to MA FFLs. It is up to the MA FFL to abide by the state law wrt sales within the state.

Thinking about this. Would you even record is as "320C". P320 is the model number. Doesn't the C(Compact) or F(Full) just describe it's current config. What happens when resold with a full size frame and slide?

Thinking about this. Would you even record is as "320C". P320 is the model number. Doesn't the C(Compact) or F(Full) just describe it's current config. What happens when resold with a full size frame and slide?
Would it even matter? There's only one serial number and that number is attached to only one owner at a time. Although it's documented I don't think anyone would care much whether it's purple or black, full size or compact, etc. Just that it's serial # xyz123 and it goes bang. Interesting scenario though because isn't the 320 just the FCU? I can't count how many configuration/color combinations you could come up with from what came in the box.

What is marked on a mass compliant p320 is configured the same as a non mass compliant

There is no differentiator for the manual safety version

Spoke with someone at Sig pro shop today. In case anyone is wondering, he expects the MA compliant 320C in .45 ACP to start showing up "late first quarter, early second quarter."

Spoke with someone at Sig pro shop today. In case anyone is wondering, he expects the MA compliant 320C in .45 ACP to start showing up "late first quarter, early second quarter."
I've been noticing more .45s available and was wondering about MA. I'll hope for the best but the predictions on the 9/40/357 weren't exactly close. Thanks

They have an item number, but haven't built any yet. That said, I wasn't aware of the delays on the other calibers, so I'll temper my enthusiasm for now.

Quick FYI: The hammer pivot pin from the P250 FCU is a perfect fit. I ordered the P250 parts kit (PKIT-250C-9) which is a good deal in itself if you have a P250. Pin fits perfectly. No need to dremel if you don't want to.

ETA: Take that Marsha!

Thanks for the information. I ordered the same kit. I removed the safety, replaced it with the pin in the p250 kit and bought a couple of non notched grip modules. It seems to function flawlessly.

Here's the link to the part https://www.sigsauer.com/store/parts-kit-p250c-9mm.html . I ordered mine today. Looking on other websites it is listed as either unavailable and possibly discontinued. Sig only listed 6 on their site (before I bought mine) so get it while it's hot. Luckily I had an old discount code from when I registered a gun a few years ago which still worked (I was surprised) and I ended up getting free shipping.

Thanks for the information. I ordered the same kit. I removed the safety, replaced it with the pin in the p250 kit and bought a couple of non notched grip modules. It seems to function flawlessly.

I know this is an old thread but I have to ask - Sigs don't have safeties so why does the MA version of the 320c have a safety? Can you request one without it or are dealers prohibited from doing so?

I know this is an old thread but I have to ask - Sigs don't have safeties so why does the MA version of the 320c have a safety? Can you request one without it or are dealers prohibited from doing so?
Sig has version of the 320 with a safety and it's being sold to the military. That same version with the safety is the model that you will see for sale at most dealers in MA. You can find a version without the safety but you'll need to look harder.

Here's the link to the part https://www.sigsauer.com/store/parts-kit-p250c-9mm.html . I ordered mine today. Looking on other websites it is listed as either unavailable and possibly discontinued. Sig only listed 6 on their site (before I bought mine) so get it while it's hot. Luckily I had an old discount code from when I registered a gun a few years ago which still worked (I was surprised) and I ended up getting free shipping.

Thank You & Thank You. Now there is only 4 left :)

Back
Top Bottom