• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Mass Compliant Sig P320??????

What are the odds of the new sig P320 becoming Mass Compliant? I like the concept of the entire pistol being replaceable and I would love to try the p320.

What are the odds of the new sig P320 becoming Mass Compliant? I like the concept of the entire pistol being replaceable and I would love to try the p320.

Stop caring about whether or not its compliant and start looking. You'll find one eventually. Ignore anyone who tells you "its not legal" etc, etc, ad nauseam. They are full of crap. The only thing you have to deal with in respect to the law is magazine capacity. On the other hand... it looks like a slightly less terrible version of a P250 but it's still way too big for what it is. Frankly I can tell you right now you will be better served by a Glock, an XD, or an M&P with whatever trigger mods suit your fancy being done. All of these guns are more size efficient than that thing is. It's a polymer framed school bus.

-Mike

Stop caring about whether or not its compliant and start looking. You'll find one eventually. Ignore anyone who tells you "its not legal" etc, etc, ad nauseam. They are full of crap. The only thing you have to deal with in respect to the law is magazine capacity. On the other hand... it looks like a slightly less terrible version of a P250 but it's still way too big for what it is. Frankly I can tell you right now you will be better served by a Glock, an XD, or an M&P with whatever trigger mods suit your fancy being done. All of these guns are more size efficient than that thing is. It's a polymer framed school bus.

-Mike

I know this post was dead in the water but I wanted to post my recent experience with the P320. I can't tell you if will become MA compliant or not but I can tell you first hand that the pistol does not suck...at all. Actually this quickly became a top choice for my departments search for our new service pistol.

Several of us from the firearms unit had a Sig rep down to shoot the full size P320 in .40. We wanted to try the 9mm and a .45 as well but that was all that's available right now to test.

We currently have Gen 3 glock 22 that we don't love and are getting long in the tooth for sure. We also shot a Gen 4 Glock 17 and a Glock 41.

The Good:

No malfunctions at all with a few hundred rounds through it with several different types of ammo. Not saying much, I know, but its a start.

The consensus for the 6 of us were that the ergonomics on the P320 are much better than glock. I have large hands, so handling a glock 21 is no problem for me. With the med size frame on the P320 fit my hand like a glove.

The trigger is better than a glock as well. Shorter and crispier. Although less pronounced trigger reset that would take getting use to.

Accuracy was top notch. Granted we did all our shooting off hand from distances no longer than 15 yards but we all seemed to shoot our best with this gun.

Takedown of the pistol is safer that glock. You don't have to put the trigger on the P320 to disconnect the striker which is nice from a departments perspective. Lots of ND's happen this way.

The bad:

Nitpicky stuff here but still things to consider.

The trigger reset felt a lot shorter than a glock but not as detectable. Just surprises you. I was searching for it but by the time that happens you're already there. That would probably become an positive with trigger time.

Perceived recoil was better than a glock 22, but to me, there felt like there was a bit more muzzle rise. This could be because glock has a lower bore axis but I haven't confirmed that yet.

The other big question mark we talked about is long term reliability. Jury still out on this gun as it brand new. Glock's rep speaks for itself but its not without its issues. Hopefully the Gen 4's solve the pistol light problem which we had a problem with once we added a light to several of our Gen 3's.

Bottom line is we really liked the P320 so far and its on the short list with glock. M&P is out because they suck comparatively speaking in terms of trigger pull and field stripping. If the P320 proves to be a reliable pistol worthy of hard use, Sig has a winner on their hands.

Last edited:
I had a dog and BINGO was his name!!!!!!!!!!!

-Mike

Frankly I can tell you right now you will be better served by a Glock, an XD, or an M&P with whatever trigger mods suit your fancy being done. All of these guns are more size efficient than that thing is. It's a polymer framed school bus.

-Mike
As apparently you haven't held or shot a P320 yet, how did you figure he'd be better served with a Glock? It's kinda all I read from you when it comes to pistols... Glock here, Glock there... Do they pay you for the free advertising? Besides, it's not like a G17 or even 19 is tiny or something.

As apparently you haven't held or shot a P320 yet, how did you figure he'd be better served with a Glock? It's kinda all I read from you when it comes to pistols... Glock here, Glock there... Do they pay you for the free advertising? Besides, it's not like a G17 or even 19 is tiny or something.

He referenced three brands and you pick out Glock.

This is directed at you and ACK495. Okay you guys like the 320 better, dont hang Mike because he gave you alternatives for something the king hasn't approved.

He referenced three brands and you pick out Glock.

This is directed at you and ACK495. Okay you guys like the 320 better, dont hang Mike because he gave you alternatives for something the king hasn't approved.

Not sure why I'm included in that. I didn't hang anyone for liking Glock. I really like the G17 in fact. If I had to pick a brand new duty gun for myself right now, it would a gen4 G17. I was just giving my perspective after having actually shot the P320 side by side with three other Glocks. I know that this pistol is so brand new and since its not MA compliant, I figured some might be interested because most haven't seen one yet.

Unfortunately, even if it did become MA compliant, they would rob you of what is currently a very good trigger.

Last edited:
Given that Sig is great about getting guns MA approved I'd say the chances are pretty good. It'll probably have a 10lb trigger, though.

Given that Sig is great about getting guns MA approved I'd say the chances are pretty good. It'll probably have a 10lb trigger, though.

I think I disagree with your statement--just look how many P220, P226, P229 and P239 variants on the Sig web site are available in MA. No Carry, Compact, Deserts etc. How about X-Fives? We are really screwed by the double AG/Legislature whammy as far as the available Sig models are concerned. The only positive is, we don't have the PRCa's odious LCI thingy, at least not for now...

Spoke with one of the guys at Hunters Trading Post in Weymouth and he said he'd "be surprised if the P320 wasn't on the approved roster next month." I'm looking forward to it.

Not to hi Jack but has anyone held one of these the pictures make it look an awful lot like a crappy 250. Just with front cocking serrations.

Not to hi Jack but has anyone held one of these the pictures make it look an awful lot like a crappy 250. Just with front cocking serrations.
did you read my post? It feels good in my hands I say. so yes I held, trig is pretty sweet also. If I get rid of my 43 I will replace it with one.

Last edited:

Compared it directly with the 250 up at Sig's Pro Shop. It's night and day, the 320 is much nicer overall. I seriously considered one when shopping for my VP9, just liked the HK a little more overall. The free state trigger is very nice, if it makes its way to the MA lists, I hope it doesn't lose anything there. What definitely won't make it's way to MA: the FDE variant. I'm not always a fan, but FDE works on the 320 IMHO.

I was lucky enough to score one from the classifieds and i love it! Not that I hated my P250 but the 320's trigger is hard to beat.

The P250 is gutter trash compared to a 320. I could buy a 320 and not hate it, even if it is a school bus. That trigger is delicious.

-Mike

My only beef w the 320 is the mammoth takedown lever. WTF was sig thinking? It focrces me to adjust my thumbs to prevent gouging from the lever during recoil. Also i have seen some dudes get the takedown lever snagged up during a draw.

once somebody comes out w aftermarket flush fit takedown lever it will be a perfect striker gun design at least in my humble opinion.

The 45acp not being compatible for kit swap w the 9/40/357 models is kinda disappointing. Would have thought sig looked into the chassis design a little more rigorously to allow 45acp swap but oh well.

Last edited:
My only beef w the 320 is the mammoth takedown lever. WTF was sig thinking? It focrces me to adjust my thumbs to prevent gouging from the lever during recoil. Also i have seen some dudes get the takedown lever snagged up during a draw.

once somebody comes out w aftermarket flush fit takedown lever it will be a perfect striker gun design at least in my humble opinion.

Part of the school-bus problem. [laugh]

The 45acp not being compatible for kit swap w the 9/40/357 models is kinda disappointing. Would have thought sig looked into the chassis design a little more rigorously to allow 45acp swap but oh well.

It's not really disappointing, it's not practical from an engineering standpoint. Caliber swaps are overrated/stupid anyways, with plastic handguns... just buy another one, they're cheap enough.

-Mike

There is a smaller takedown lever available, I forget who makes it but it's out there. I actually like the factory version, makes a nice thumb rest. Overall the 320c is one of my favorite guns to shoot these days, can't put it down once I pick it up.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

can you find who makes it?
i have not seen such product anywhere including on interwebs.

To bring this thread back on topic, I have some new information to share. I was at the Sig Academy in November, and wanted to use my training discount to buy something new in the pro shop. I asked about the P320 and whenever will they have a MA compliant one... it turns out they now have the part numbers for that: 320C-9-BSS-MA. They only get part numbers when they are soon about to ship them and they expect it to start shipping in January timeframe (possibly coinciding with a new Approved Firearms Roster?). Anyway, I put a deposit on mine, so I will let you know when I get it, and what they did to make it MA compliant (hopefully only a loaded chamber indicator, and nothing messing with the trigger...)

To bring this thread back on topic, I have some new information to share. I was at the Sig Academy in November, and wanted to use my training discount to buy something new in the pro shop. I asked about the P320 and whenever will they have a MA compliant one... it turns out they now have the part numbers for that: 320C-9-BSS-MA. They only get part numbers when they are soon about to ship them and they expect it to start shipping in January timeframe (possibly coinciding with a new Approved Firearms Roster?). Anyway, I put a deposit on mine, so I will let you know when I get it, and what they did to make it MA compliant (hopefully only a loaded chamber indicator, and nothing messing with the trigger...)

No .45 part number?

You're dreaming/smoking crack if you think it's not going to come with a ****ed up trigger. [laugh] Thankfully since the P320 design is relatively uncomplicated, it shouldn't be that hard to fix. I can only imagine how bad it is going to be, though. I have a real-world P320 and the trigger weight is on the edge of being acceptable....

-Mike

You're dreaming/smoking crack if you think it's not going to come with a ****ed up trigger. [laugh] Thankfully since the P320 design is relatively uncomplicated, it shouldn't be that hard to fix. I can only imagine how bad it is going to be, though. I have a real-world P320 and the trigger weight is on the edge of being acceptable....

-Mike

Does SIG have SRT triggers for the P320 yet?

Back
Top Bottom