• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Mass Compliant Sig P320??????

You're dreaming/smoking crack if you think it's not going to come with a ****ed up trigger. [laugh] Thankfully since the P320 design is relatively uncomplicated, it shouldn't be that hard to fix. I can only imagine how bad it is going to be, though. I have a real-world P320 and the trigger weight is on the edge of being acceptable....

-Mike
Would have thought that about the VP9...

My 320 came in around 7 lbs but has smoothed out quite a bit. Probably the best striker trigger I've owned (never owned a PPQ).

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

No .45 part number?

As absurd as it sounds you could build off the chassis and just make a .45 pretty easily, then you'd just about have 2 guns. The whole thing is modular.

I'm not enamored by the prospect of a P320 in .45, the bore axis is still high, although I don't think its nearly as bad as say, an HK USP is, etc. I'd still like to shoot one some day, but I'm not going to roll the dice on one... then again, I have discovered that I can lock in a 2 handed grip pretty well on the P320... better than I could on any HK and running neck and neck with my Glocks.

It's really a shame that Sig didn't release the gun like 5+ years ago though.

-Mike

As absurd as it sounds you could build off the chassis and just make a .45 pretty easily, then you'd just about have 2 guns. The whole thing is modular.

I'm not enamored by the prospect of a P320 in .45, the bore axis is still high, although I don't think its nearly as bad as say, an HK USP is, etc. I'd still like to shoot one some day, but I'm not going to roll the dice on one... then again, I have discovered that I can lock in a 2 handed grip pretty well on the P320... better than I could on any HK and running neck and neck with my Glocks.

It's really a shame that Sig didn't release the gun like 5+ years ago though.

-Mike

Mike, any comparison to the FNX .45? Other than the striker-hammer difference.

That's HK, not Sig. Sig has an institutional legacy/history of being mindlessly obeisant WRT CMR940 because they're a prominent handgun brand in MA. So every time they release a new gun they go overboard. People here said the P250 trigger is horrendous.... and the funny thing is the normal P250 trigger is probably heavy enough, but not for the lawyers at Sig... so they went full retard.

My 320 came in around 7 lbs but has smoothed out quite a bit. Probably the best striker trigger I've owned (never owned a PPQ).

That's what mine feels like, its pretty good, outside of the slap issue (much like the blister thing Hickock45 gets when he shoots his) but I'm going to get the adverse trigger to see if that helps. At least the damn trigger breaks cleanly, unlike some of the random P series triggers I've tried in the past few years.

-Mike

I've never run an FNX so I can't really pass much judgement on those things (a friend had one, an FNX 45 tac and I had an open invite to borrow the thing, and like a retard I didn't take him up on it before he sold it. ) They look pretty decent (yeah and someone will post the wobbly magwell video here, but bear in mind they sent him a new gun and it was much better). Bore axis looks better than HK, but that's not that hard to do. Most of the FNs I've held felt pretty good in my hands so I don't think the FNX would be any different, although on the 45 the grip circumference looks pretty big... gotta do that to squeeze 15 rounds of 45 in there, but I can't imagine its any different from a G21SF, just at a different angle.

The only thing that annoys me about FN is the lack of aftermarket (or even just replacement parts) and the price/availability of magazines. Then again a lot of vendors suffer from these weaknesses, they're all trying to play catch up vs. Glock, who, to their credit, a long ass time ago figured out that having armorers with parts sprinkled all over the place and pumping out tons of magazines that cost <$26/ea was a good idea. That alone isn't enough to stop me from buying a brand "off the reservation" but it does make one hesitate and it gets stuck in my head. I think its a primary factor in why we see Glock/S&W/Sig having the big market in LE and everyone else is 6th fiddle compared to those three... its a lot easier for people to get basic support and parts for those than any others. (eg, without having to send the gun to the
factory).

That, and the whole striker fired thing. It's not as if they don't know how to make it- they have it in the FNS line. (which is pretty decent) Then again they probably just don't want to pay for a new frame mold to make an FNS-45, but its just this weird feeling with FN, its like they're not sure whether or not they want to shit or get off the pot WRT making handguns. Yet its been years.... /boggle.

Even despite all that, I still want to shoot the piss out of an FNX45, just to see how it rolls.

-Mike

I have fired the FNX-45 but never owned one. it's a nice machine but designed to hold 15 in mag. if i'm capped at 10 then there's no point. for my $$ seeking a DA/SA + condition 1 option, the HK45 having now come down in price essentially makes the FNX-45 absolete. YMMV

- - - Updated - - -

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

i find the P320 trigger much easier to control when wearing gloves. the PPQ trigger, while wonderful for the range, isn't something I would want under stress or adverse conditions.

As apparently you haven't held or shot a P320 yet, how did you figure he'd be better served with a Glock? It's kinda all I read from you when it comes to pistols... Glock here, Glock there... Do they pay you for the free advertising? Besides, it's not like a G17 or even 19 is tiny or something.

FWIW I scrolled back a bit, and because I was immensely curious, I did recently obtain a P320. I got the P320 fullsize 4.7in bbl, in 9mm.

After running it for awhile I'm willing to recant part of my school bus invective. It still is a school bus, but it's narrower than I thought it was. However, it still weighs much more than a G17 Gen4 does, ill tell you that much, although this is both good and a bad thing. At some point or another in the near future I want to do a full head to head writeup kind of review here....

The short version is... will it replace my Glocks? Probably not. But I can safely say I wouldn't shit on someone for wanting to buy one. After getting it, and actually shooting it, it at least exceeded my expectations somewhat.

-Mike

Compared it directly with the 250 up at Sig's Pro Shop. It's night and day, the 320 is much nicer overall. I seriously considered one when shopping for my VP9, just liked the HK a little more overall. The free state trigger is very nice, if it makes its way to the MA lists, I hope it doesn't lose anything there. What definitely won't make it's way to MA: the FDE variant. I'm not always a fan, but FDE works on the 320 IMHO.

Fair pics don't do it justice I guess haven't had the urge to purchase one yet

Dreamers dream! I do anticipate a drive up to the pro shop to drop it off for a "factory reset". I like the P320 out of the box, I'm quite sure they will mess up the MA one.

- - - Updated - - -

You're dreaming/smoking crack if you think it's not going to come with a ****ed up trigger. [laugh] Thankfully since the P320 design is relatively uncomplicated, it shouldn't be that hard to fix. I can only imagine how bad it is going to be, though. I have a real-world P320 and the trigger weight is on the edge of being acceptable....

-Mike

I like Bruce but good luck getting it done in a timely manner, he's usually backed up the wazoo. For something like a P320 the best/cheapest/quickest solution is going to be some kind of part substitution.

-Mike

If a new P320 needs trigger work then something is very wrong w the finger thats pulling trigger.

the P320 isnt even on the MA-list yet so not really worth speculating on how the alleged MA trigger will be. Sig doesnt change triggers for MA with exception of P250 all other models are the same. Plus the P320 fire control unit can be easily disassembled....a 9-year old could swap the springs if it becomes necessary.

No point worrying or asking dealers about the trigger BS.
its on the list.
if this makes acquisition easier than just let the FFL transfer or sell it.

just wondering if it's like the earlier Walther PPSs - bad Mass trigger and very hard to swap triggers.

well sig put a different mainspring the MA version of the P250. it was beyond awful. so i wouldn't be surprised if they fudge up the P320 just for mass subjects.

the P320 chassis looks relatively simple, so i would imagine swapping a few springs to fix the trigger should be pretty do-able.

hopefully sig is shipping the P320 with thinner take down lever. the original take-down lever is retarded big. i'm still blown away that Sig didn't design a flush take down lever like everyone else....who wants the damn thing protruding out the side and grabbing support thumb. argh.

I heard that it has the standard trigger with the addition of a manual safety.

Wtf, I thought that rumor was a joke. Sig really needs to wake up. Oh well, if I really want one I'll just get the free state version. It's just a lot easier to head over to FS.

Back
Top Bottom