• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Mass Compliant Sig P320??????

I guess some people think 4 is a lot.

Well that's relative, if I wanted one I'd have 4 choices right now, that's a pretty good choice in one forums classifieds., Sometimes that's more of a choice than some local gunshop with any brand or model. Call it what u want, they are easily found, and are expendable in 4 people's opinions.

There is 8 glock 19's for sale within the same time period, but they have been in production for about 30 yrs.

Last edited:
Well that's relative, if I wanted one I'd have 4 choices right now, that's a pretty good choice in one forums classifieds., Sometimes that's more of a choice than some local gunshop with any brand or model. Call it what u want, they are easily found, and are expendable in 4 people's opinions.

There is 8 glock 19's for sale within the same time period, but they have been in production for about 30 yrs.

There are a bunch of people who do nothing but buy guns here and there and roll them, selling overpriced shit in the classifieds, I wouldn't use that as any kind of an indicator of a trend over whether something is "good" or not, that logic is just straight up retarded.

-Mike

There are a bunch of people who do nothing but buy guns here and there and roll them, selling overpriced shit in the classifieds, I wouldn't use that as any kind of an indicator of a trend over whether something is "good" or not, that logic is just straight up retarded.

-Mike
You said it better than I could. I think they used the same logic to determine that HK and Sigs are stupid guns.

I honestly said it to stir the pot a little...lol.

And yes, i do think HK's and SIG's are kinda stupid. Lets make a gun big and bulky for no reason, oh and lets add a hammer to make it slightly more complicated, and then lets make it super expensive...lol

And yes, i do think HK's and SIG's are kinda stupid. Lets make a gun big and bulky for no reason, oh and lets add a hammer to make it slightly more complicated, and then lets make it super expensive...lol

If a few hundred bucks on a lifesaving device is "super expensive" then I feel really sorry for you. I shit all over HK for a bunch of other reasons here and there, but the price of the gun isn't one of them. They also have this annoying habit of not being ****ed up when they come out of the box, which is more than I can say for S&W and sometimes even Glock and Sig lately. (although Sig has gotten a lot better in the past couple years, but not all that long ago their QC was a dumpster fire too)

-Mike

Your comments continue to reinforce my belief that you are a simple minded person vs somebody who is just stupid about guns in general. At first I was on the fence but then this recent gem sealed the deal. I'm usually dismissive of those that whine about high bore axis but this "complicating" hammer statement really deserves a prize.

Your comments continue to reinforce my belief that you are a simple minded person vs somebody who is just stupid about guns in general. At first I was on the fence but then this recent gem sealed the deal. I'm usually dismissive of those that whine about high bore axis but this "complicating" hammer statement really deserves a prize.

[rofl]

If a few hundred bucks on a lifesaving device is "super expensive" then I feel really sorry for you. I shit all over HK for a bunch of other reasons here and there, but the price of the gun isn't one of them. They also have this annoying habit of not being ****ed up when they come out of the box, which is more than I can say for S&W and sometimes even Glock and Sig lately. (although Sig has gotten a lot better in the past couple years, but not all that long ago their QC was a dumpster fire too)

-Mike

Honestly, i could careless about price. if its high quality i'm all over it. But ergonomics, size, simplicity etc etc are more my concern.

Seriously, i luv nice firearms, I'm all for u get what u pay for. Id love to own a SIG or an HK, but i just cant seem to find a reason too, i just don't see any one of them replacing my Glocks, im not going to use it for CC or home defense, range toy maybe. So therefore i cant justify buying one. And i don't know what it is, but the Height of the slides just bugs me beyond belief, the height is totally unnecessary, and it absolutely has an affect on follow up shots, no matter how immune u are to recoil. i just don't want that to be a factor in my shooting so i steer away from it.

Do i understand people buying them, sure, what ever floats ya boat, they are nice guns.

Last edited:
The ergonomics on the Sigs (and to a lesser extent the HKs) I've fired have been much, much better for me than Glock, S&W, Ruger, or anyone else.

I paid more for the P229 precisely because if "fits like a glove" in my hand.

YMMV.

And i don't know what it is, but the Height of the slides just bugs me beyond belief, the height is totally unnecessary, and it absolutely has an affect on follow up shots, no matter how immune u are to recoil. i just don't want that to be a factor in my shooting so i steer away from it.

Part of it is grip angle, and other ergonomics. In order to trim things down like Glock did, you have to make a bunch of concessions, which usually work out.

Again, if you fired a P320 and you actually had a good grip on it, you'd probably not find much of a difference.

I ran mine against my G17Gen4 and I didn't notice a dramatic difference WRT bore axis, I think the G17 was slightly faster just because the gun "rebounded" back to its resting point ever so slightly faster, but it felt so close to me as to be inconsequential.

A lot of the bore axis stuff is legit and a lot of it is crap. A lot of it is going to depend on how strong your hands are are how you hold the gun. I can hold onto my P320 a tad better than I can my G17Gen4, so I think in my case the performance ends up being a wash.

-Mike

Last edited:
I can hold onto my P320 a tad better than I can my G17Gen4, so I think in my case the performance ends up being a wash. -Mike

Well i guess that's my point. It's a wash, so it's not going to replace any of my existing defense pistols. Id probably just end up selling it anyway, i have no more room for range toys or safe queens.

If i bought anything it would be the VP9, but id rather see it in a compact or sub compact, i really have no use for a full size pistol.

i shot the sig 320, its got a nice trigger, and i notice with my weaker wrists that the sig muzzle flips more than my glock 19 due to the height over center axis of the bore. In return i get less felt kick in my hands as it fires and it feels smoother in the recoil department.

I drove up from MA to the Sig Pro shop in Exeter today to get a gander about these here P320s. I was told that the MA model will have the same trigger modules as the free state guns but to make our AG happy they added a manual safety. Was told that the MA version will ship in 3 weeks.

After handling the gun and trying the different grip sizes I came away very pleased. The gun will fit virtually anyone. The slide racks nice and easy. The trigger was excellent with a nice reset. The 4 different size models, Full, Carry, Compact and Sub Compact offer a nice selection in sizes of the frames. I know that I'm getting the Compact version as soon as it's available. If it shoots as well as it handles and dry fires, and it should according to all the reviews I've watched, I'd say that Sig hit a home run here.

I drove up from MA to the Sig Pro shop in Exeter today to get a gander about these here P320s. I was told that the MA model will have the same trigger modules as the free state guns but to make our AG happy they added a manual safety. Was told that the MA version will ship in 3 weeks.

After handling the gun and trying the different grip sizes I came away very pleased. The gun will fit virtually anyone. The slide racks nice and easy. The trigger was excellent with a nice reset. The 4 different size models, Full, Carry, Compact and Sub Compact offer a nice selection in sizes of the frames. I know that I'm getting the Compact version as soon as it's available. If it shoots as well as it handles and dry fires, and it should according to all the reviews I've watched, I'd say that Sig hit a home run here.
So not a trigger safety but an actual switch on the slide?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I never got specific. My fault, sorry. I just assumed he meant a manual safety.

I just called up for shit and giggles.

Said another month or 2 before they get them in and it would be a thumb safety.

Not really sure how I feel about that. I was originally interested in the Ruger SR9 because it had the thumb safety. After shooting it I thing I prefer not having one. Really don't know what to do now.

I just called up for shit and giggles.

Said another month or 2 before they get them in and it would be a thumb safety.

Not really sure how I feel about that. I was originally interested in the Ruger SR9 because it had the thumb safety. After shooting it I thing I prefer not having one. Really don't know what to do now.

Given the P320s design it's probably repairable/removable, hopefully it will be possible to physically remove it from the receiver cage thing without compromising the operation of the gun. You could even potentially get another grip frame (they cost about 50 bucks or so) to make it look like it never had the lever to begin with, if you wanted to go whole hog.

-Mike

Given the P320s design it's probably repairable/removable, hopefully it will be possible to physically remove it from the receiver cage thing without compromising the operation of the gun. You could even potentially get another grip frame (they cost about 50 bucks or so) to make it look like it never had the lever to begin with, if you wanted to go whole hog.

-Mike
I like the way you think. There is a chance it could be on the slide too, wouldn't you say?

I like the way you think. There is a chance it could be on the slide too, wouldn't you say?

Not sure exactly how they are going to do it. But this is a picture from when they originally announced the gun for the MHS.

I wonder if they will use this setup for the MA version?

IMG_8285.jpg

If that's the case, and it well could be, then the MA guns will need grips with the cut out in them so that the safety can fit on the gun. I would think that finding different sized grips to swap a bit more difficult due to the fact that most grips made will be for free staters and not have a cut out.

If that's the case, and it well could be, then the MA guns will need grips with the cut out in them so that the safety can fit on the gun. I would think that finding different sized grips to swap a bit more difficult due to the fact that most grips made will be for free staters and not have a cut out.

Well holy crap, I didn't even think of that... This might be pushing me to the VP9 or the PPQ. Just need to figure out a place to be able to compare them side by side.

Back
Top Bottom