Maryland Police Hassle Unarmed Florida Tourist because he had CCW Permit

This is why people hate cops. Where are all the good cops firing this guy? Oh that's right, they're in the vast minority. Most cops are power hungry *******s.

This story got me so made, I started to shake. I travel all over this country and I have a CCW permit. This could have been me.

This guy should so the officer and his department for Civil Rights Violations.

Gun Owners: Maryland State Police attacks unarmed tourist because of CCW Permit
WTF!! First he says how can this happen in America?? Then contemplates that maybe he should cancel his ccw!! Thats why it happens you good little sheep. He should fight this as hard as possible and make them pay. Not to mention the stupid wife JSTFU!!

WTF!! First he says how can this happen in America?? Then contemplates that maybe he should cancel his ccw!! Thats why it happens you good little sheep. He should fight this as hard as possible and make them pay. Not to mention the stupid wife JSTFU!!

When he said cancel his permit, did he mean he's going to let the Constitution be his permit?

Silly man, thinking he had any sort of rights in one of our lovely communist run states.
I suppose he got off lucky, if it was New York they might have mag dumped on his ass and asked questions later.

Some states have a "Declare" requirement (Michigan???) if you have a CPL/CCW/LTC, whether you are actively carrying or not.

I've asked an ex-JBT friend of mine how this scenario would play in Massachusetts, his advice was "No cop on the side of the road is going to care about a plastic card in your wallet, but you damned well better declare if you are actively carrying... And turn on the interior light, and keep your seatbelt on, and lace your hands through the steering wheel, and the first thing out of your mouth better be 'Officer, I have a License to Carry and I AM armed at this time'"

I guess in Maryland the "No cop on the side of the road" part of his analysis doesn't really apply. [angry]

I've asked an ex-JBT friend of mine how this scenario would play in Massachusetts, his advice was "No cop on the side of the road is going to care about a plastic card in your wallet, but you damned well better declare if you are actively carrying... And turn on the interior light, and keep your seatbelt on, and lace your hands through the steering wheel, and the first thing out of your mouth better be 'Officer, I have a License to Carry and I AM armed at this time'"
Why? Your friend gives horrible advice, and I hope you know that.

Some states have a "Declare" requirement (Michigan???) if you have a CPL/CCW/LTC, whether you are actively carrying or not.

I guess in Maryland the "No cop on the side of the road" part of his analysis doesn't really apply. [angry]
Well your ex JBT can piss off. Keep your mouth shut!!

what was he actually pulled over for? anything?

isn't transporting a firearm across state line not illegal if you are permitted in your departure state and arrival state?

so much fail

Massachusetts has no such law. I say keep it to yourself if you wanna lessen the chances of unnecessary trouble to come over you at traffic stop.

tell him he undoubtedly stopped many drivers that were carrying and never told him and he is still alive today so he can cut the crap

Massachusetts has no such law. I say keep it to yourself if you wanna lessen the chances of unnecessary trouble to come over you at traffic stop.

this.

I've been stopped a dozen times over the years, for one thing or another.....I've never mentioned it and it's never come up

And this guy should tell his wife to keep her mouth shut.

How does Maryland KNOW he owns a gun? Atf is expressly prohibited from keeping a registry....are they sharing information with states theyre not supposed to even have?

How does Maryland KNOW he owns a gun? Atf is expressly prohibited from keeping a registry....are they sharing information with states theyre not supposed to even have?

Not up on MD law, but I think they have a registry. I know they do something with spent casings, so they can match them up in the "crime lab."

this.

I've been stopped a dozen times over the years, for one thing or another.....I've never mentioned it and it's never come up

And this guy should tell his wife to keep her mouth shut.

True dat.

As for my ex-JBT friend, I chose that description for a reason. [wink] Otherwise submitted without comment. [smile]

Very disturbing story. The reason for the traffic stop was having Florida License Plate attached to the vehicle as it passed along a Maryland Highway? The cop was hoping for a George Zimmerman and was obviously not going to take his disappointment like a man.
Best regards.

Why does everybody talk so damn much. They think there helping when the cops being the nice guy, but there have been countless incidents that prove you should say as little as necessary

WTF!! First he says how can this happen in America?? Then contemplates that maybe he should cancel his ccw!!

You misunderstand. He isn't going to get rid of the gun, just the CCW permit. It should be getting vlearer that it''s much safer in most circumstances to carry an illegal firearm that the police don't know about than to not carry a firearm that the police do know about.

This story exemplifies the reason why any and all licensing schemes should be viewed as unconstitutional. If the Second Amendment exists to allow you to protect yourself from the tyranny of the sate, then the state knowing you have a gun defeats that purpose.

- - - Updated - - -

Why does everybody talk so damn much. They think there helping when the cops being the nice guy, but there have been countless incidents that prove you should say as little as necessary

Because most people, for good or I'll, are scared shtless of the police and are brainwashed by their parents to do what the nice policemn tells them.

Back
Top Bottom