Marlboro Gun Show

Had a good walk around, bought some targets. Got a kick out of the smart people who parked down hill on the left and then had to walk all the way up to get in line. I would much rather give my money to the local guy than pay those prices. There were a few people there that had not seen the inside of a shower in quite some time. Saw quite a few NES'rs but don't always remember names.

Did anyone see the guy selling AR-15 Pre-ban mags for $85 [shocked]

I went 2 isles down and bout two for $50.

There was a guy against the wall (far left side of the building) who was selling pre-ban AR mags for $20. They looked to be never used.

we were there...no real deals to be had. Ended up with some jerky and my buddy picked up a surefire light.

It was good seeing you guys.

I took my dad to this show. This was his first major show ever and he enjoyed himself. I too could not believe the crowds and the prices. A couple of tables were selling the new Walther PPS for $640. I can probably get one from a store for $599. Also, there seemed to be a lot more knives this time than there were before.

Didn't see much. Got a box of .44 UMC for the Desert Eagle I acquired in trade earlier today (thanks Adam!). Met Paul had some very interesting conversation. He insulted my car.[wink] and then we got some lunch. No worries Paul, my truck has heard worse. The show was just too crowed. Nonetheless, I had a banner day because I acquired a new gun, met another great NES fellow, caught a bit of a show and then walked the dog in the Stow Reservation, all before stopping by a old friend's house to show off the Deagle and share a couple of afternoon pops before then going home. I expect to spend the rest of evening watching the fire burn and cleaning guns.

Yup. That's a banner day.

Didn't see much. Got a box of .44 UMC for the Desert Eagle I acquired in trade earlier today (thanks Adam!). Met Paul had some very interesting conversation. He insulted my car.[wink] and then we got some lunch. No worries Paul, my truck has heard worse. The show was just too crowed. Nonetheless, I had a banner day because I acquired a new gun, met another great NES fellow, caught a bit of a show and then walked the dog in the Stow Reservation, all before stopping by a old friend's house to show off the Deagle and share a couple of afternoon pops before then going home. I expect to spend the rest of evening watching the fire burn and cleaning guns.

Yup. That's a banner day.

Nice gun! Compensating????[rofl][rofl][wink]

I was happy with what I left with-

17 boxes of Wolf .223 for $4.00 a box (2007 pricing), an AK mag new in cosmoline for $20 and a mint condition rebult AR mag some old guy was selling for $12!!

Without a doubt, the most crowded show in Marlboro I have ever been to. Lots of out of state plates in the parking lot. Ambulance call for an exhibitor who had a heart attack. Signed up at the GOAL table, got my cleaning supplies and literature within the first 20 minutes of the show. Best of all, people watching: Can't help but thinking when I'm there in the middle of it all, that someday, it might not happen at all. But today, it's still happening, and I'm thankful for that, at least.

Agreed on the early start. I got there about 15 minutes early and saw the person going out by ambulance too. Getting in didnt take long and the crowd didnt get bad for about an hour. After 1000 forget it. $700 WASRs compared to $500 ones at Springfield. Even though I have plenty of AR mags I shoulda picked up a couple of the $20 ones "just in case".

Last edited:
First, and last time for me on a Saturday.
Whatta zoo!
I completed a deal started here with WeedWacker (good people.)
The dealer with all the powder and primers was pretty low on lots of things by noon.
No 4198 ! Rats ! Had to take a 4# of Unique as he had no 1# cans.
I saw a Winchester '94 that I would have considered for about $200 less.
Looks like most of my gun shopping will be on Gunbroker from now on.
I sure am glad that I'm set up for handloading and bullet casting. I couldn't afford to shoot much with handgun ammo up to a buck a round.
BTW, I didn't see very many people walking out with guns.

Jack

There was a guy against the wall (far left side of the building) who was selling pre-ban AR mags for $20. They looked to be never used.

they were refurbs, hes at most of the shows. before the election they were 15$ i bought a couple. they worked well.

Ambulance call for an exhibitor who had a heart attack

oh no. anyone know if hes ok?

I made out OK today. Picked up a Beretta 21, which I came in looking for. It was the only one there! Got some surplus 7.62x25, and Prvi 9x18 Makarov. Got a nice little spring-assisted Kershaw, some 1911 mags, 3 bottles of awesome hot sauce and an NES sticker at the GOAL booth. I got to paw a Walther PPS, which I will almost definitely pick up at some point.

It was nice to meet you: Mrs. Magnum, Milsurps 4 Me, and Cross-X.

Saw Flotter390 and StoneyPete again as well.

It's good to be home now though, that place was a madhouse!!

got there ~ 1:30pm, no line, bought a new Glock 17 hi-cap mag for $45 and a Bushmaster XM15-E2S A2 19" .223/5.56 (post-ban) for $995 ~ 3pm (surprised it was still available then)...all-in-all a good show.

Gun Show

OK folks, how many people went to the Marlboro gun show today????? It was packed. I have not seen it that crowed in years. Anyone get any good deals.....see anything interesting? I found a GREAT deal....just ask Milsurp4me[wink]

Pretty interesting time.

Parking was crazy. But I learned where to park next time!

Entry line was long (at 9:45) but moved pretty quickly.

Met the nice folks at GOAL and got on their email list.

Looked at a bunch of guns I had no clue about (I'm a newb).

Forgot which table 50bmg (aka Fred) was working at so I could say hi. After checking the board tonight it turns out it was the table that my Father-in-law actually bought a grip for his ppk at.[laugh]

Had fun in spite of the shoulder to shoulder crowd!

got there ~ 1:30pm, no line, bought a new Glock 17 hi-cap mag for $45 and a Bushmaster XM15-E2S A2 19" .223/5.56 (post-ban) for $995 ~ 3pm (surprised it was still available then)...all-in-all a good show.

good buy on the Bushy...I didn't see anything there for under a $grand.

what really sucks is...it was $845 in October. [crying]

I want some opinions on this:

I went to this show with my then recently divorced sister, maybe 12-13 yrs ago. We grabbed a S&W .38 LadySmith for her and the place was EMPTY. You could haggle price...there was no one there to buy!

So, is it a 'sign of the times' we live in now?
are there more gunowners coming out of the closet?
Besides the 'Ban' what happened in the last decade, to make this show wall to wall humans?

crowded

it was almost too crowded, i did manage to find a couple
of mags for my feather at22 so it wasn't a total loss
i've never waited to get in there before, standing in the cold
definately sucked,
wasn't a bad show, but i wasn't really looking for anything either

garyz

Could someone please post the address of the show for me, I've never been.
I thinking of going up with a buddy.

Thank you,
Nelson

If you have a gun that you want to trade, how do they check you in at the door? Do they check you in? Haven't been to a gun show in many years but have something to unload.

Could someone please post the address of the show for me, I've never been.
I thinking of going up with a buddy.

Thank you,
Nelson

It's right off rt20 in Marlboro on the Northboro line. From 495 head west on 20 and its on the right in about a mile.

What did you buy at the gun show??????

Went today - VERY crowded. Got an up close parking spot though! Hard to move inside and even harder to get up to some of the gun cases. A couple of times, I think I became 'invisible'[angry] - hate it when I do that- because then people just push right past me like I'm not even there!

Went for reloading supplies only - got Winchester, CCI and Remington large pistol primers, and two 100 count bags of 45 caliber 230gr fmj bullets. (All set for powder). Prices seemed inflated. But then, from across the hall, I heard someone calling my name - Donna, Donna, you know you want me. Come to me!!!!! Very sexy, warm, compelling voice. I was drawn like a moth to a flame. I just couldn't resist. And once I put my hands on it - it was all over. Springfield Armory 1911 compensated, with J Avery stamped on the side, now belongs to ME![rofl]

And my running buddy Evie, had a similar run in with an even sexier green (yup, green) Para!

I think I'll spend the evening on the couch tonite checking out Springfields 'action'.[laugh]

they just make you check ammo at the door if it's loaded and they will disable it with a ziptie.

sweet deal on the bushmaster! where was that?!

edit: oops got beaten to the ziptie comment! [smile]

they just make you check ammo at the door if it's loaded and they will disable it with a ziptie.

sweet deal on the bushmaster! where was that?!

edit: oops got beaten to the ziptie comment! [smile]

he was near Pete's Guns I think...it was the only XM15 he had [sad]

Back
Top Bottom