Marlboro Gun Show

Well, I had every intention of making it to the show this morning, but I'm less then motivated to get out of the house. Got up late, snoozed in the bed and I just finished an awesome omelet Laura just made for me. Now I'm on the couch, sleepy, sipping a cup of joe and unless the house starts on fire I don't see any shot of motivation coming my way. [wink] Guess I'm going to miss out on picking up a sticker from Fred.

I've had an excellent gun weekend though. Traded my 357 Deagle yesterday. Traded it for a very nice H&R Garand and a Remmy 1903/A3. Very happy with this trade. I should go to the range today and try them out. Um, naaaaaaa. [laugh]

The show was good. I worked it yesterday for a dealer. sold like 11 guns. Pete who owns an army nay store had about a hundred 50 cal ammo cans. he was selling new gas masks at $100 and sold out. Whos buying that stuff.I picked up an old unfired Norico Hunter. There was lots of ammo ,but not cheap. I have never seen so many people or dealers at the Marlborough show ever.

Too crowded but found a couple 20rd ar mags for $18 and a few 30rd mags for $20. I also picked up a couple of other things I needed. Spent a few $ at the GOAL table and at the jerky guy.

Blitz1, didn't see many good .50 ammo cans, but got a couple last week at the
army & navy on rt12 in West Boylston for $9 each, he had a bunch of them.

OLAK

OLAK
That was probably the same guy subhunter76 mentioned. He owns Metro West Surplus in W. Boylston, and said he'll be bringing in more masks today. He's probably got more cans at the store, as well.

I would have stayed much longer than i did if it was not so busy.

I was also one of those guys who parked in the parking lot before the trade center hoping to avoid walking very far, but then i ended up walking that far just to get to the line.

I picked up a case of Russian 7.62X39 from the NY guys and overpaid for it but i wanted to make sure I had some. I got some rail covers for my AR, SKS stripper clips, and a bunch of the yummy venison sticks. I was trying to find some AR modified 32 round Uzi mags but no luck there.

Ray, good seeing you. Ill let you know how my Romy SKS is once i strip it down.

I think i saw Fooped but he was probably on a H&K mission so best not to bother him....

The show was good. I worked it yesterday for a dealer. sold like 11 guns. Pete who owns an army nay store had about a hundred 50 cal ammo cans. he was selling new gas masks at $100 and sold out. Whos buying that stuff.I picked up an old unfired Norico Hunter. There was lots of ammo ,but not cheap. I have never seen so many people or dealers at the Marlborough show ever.

Too crowded but found a couple 20rd ar mags for $18 and a few 30rd mags for $20. I also picked up a couple of other things I needed. Spent a few $ at the GOAL table and at the jerky guy.

OLAK

That was probably the same guy subhunter76 mentioned. He owns Metro West Surplus in W. Boylston, and said he'll be bringing in more masks today. He's probably got more cans at the store, as well.

Thanks All!!

Looks like I'll be taking a ride to W. Boylston then. We're cleaning up the place for the party so I don't think I'll make it to the show.

I went today and while the deals weren't spectacular, I found a couple I liked. I did buy some of the Federal value pack 5.56. It wasn't cheap for 6 months ago but it was a good price for today. I picked up an IWB C-TAC holster & some beef jerky.

I picked up a couple of ammo cans for $9 each. He had about 30-40 in the display..Decent shape.

I would have stayed much longer than i did if it was not so busy.

I was also one of those guys who parked in the parking lot before the trade center hoping to avoid walking very far, but then i ended up walking that far just to get to the line.

I picked up a case of Russian 7.62X39 from the NY guys and overpaid for it but i wanted to make sure I had some. I got some rail covers for my AR, SKS stripper clips, and a bunch of the yummy venison sticks. I was trying to find some AR modified 32 round Uzi mags but no luck there.

Ray, good seeing you. Ill let you know how my Romy SKS is once i strip it down.

I think i saw Fooped but he was probably on a H&K mission so best not to bother him....

As I always am! [wink]

But please, say hello next time! I saw a few Nes'ers there:

Ripach
Icyclefar
The infamous Flotter390 [wink]
50BMG (Thanks again for the shoot and sticker!)
Interceptor
LenS
Zombi (He and I went together)

And probably a few others.

As far as the show went, I left with some powder, primers, and bunch more Pre-ban AR mags and a white book for my HK94/MP5. The guns were WAY overpriced, and there was 4 trillion people there. I had to park in Guam and walk to get into the show, and I waited in line for 40 minutes! I almost bought a Saiga-12 for 599.99, whic seemed fairly reasonable, but I knew I'd end up sinking another grand into the pistol grip conversion and drum mag, so I passed.

In spite of the fact that it was the biggest crowd I had ever seen at a gun show, I saw scores of people leaving with either nothing, or little bags of small stuff.

There were also way more knives at this show than in the past. Overall I go for the fun of it, and every now and then I find something I want. I haven't bought an actual gun at gun show in quite sometime, as there's usually not anything I want at them in Mass. [sad2]

In my opinion, the Marlborough show is an overpriced gun supermarket, where you have, to some degree, one stop shopping and you pay a premium for it.

I almost bought a Saiga-12 for 599.99, whic seemed fairly reasonable, but I knew I'd end up sinking another grand into the pistol grip conversion and drum mag, so I passed.
Greg, can't do this (pistol grip conversion) if you want to stay legal in MA. Unfortunately for a semi shotgun AWB limitations are worst than for a rifle. We are allowed only ONE evil future on it, and detachable magazine is this evil future already. So can't have pistol grip, flash hider, etc, etc. Been there, done that.
http://northeastshooters.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=48231&highlight=saiga+AWB

Last edited:
This was my first ever gun show and while it was crowded, I had a good time. Bought a 1 year GOAL membership, some pepper spray, a pound of smoked cheddar cheese (LMAO) and a new pocket knife. I think the biggest benefit of attending the show was the number of different guns that I got to handle (I am a newbie, saving up for my first gun.) I liked the Ruger MKIII and the Walther P22, but we'll see what I end up eventually buying. One question- I understand the selling of Nazi memorabilia (WWII collectors, items to display with your WWII era firearms, etc.) but what was up with the KKK stuff? Are there some historical KKK guns that I am unaware of? I can admit that the KKK stuff was rather off-putting, but I guess it takes all types....

I went today. I bought nothing most dealers appear to have been smoking crack or some other narcotic. Ill buy nothing before I would spend $2800 for a colt Sporter Hbar.I saw one dealer selling Wasr;s for $700 dollars.Even the book guy was out of his mind. I asked to look through a book and he told me when I buy it Ill have plenty of time to do that. I told him Im not buying anything without looking at it first and oh yeah GFY. IM done with gun shows

This was my first gun show too. I was able to handle the Walther p22, and saw a S&W 22a - for $195. I didn't want to just buy it because it was only two hundred, but I was tempted. Have to say I'm over the Sig Mosquito urge. Saw some Ruger Mark Is - hadn't seen those before.
I was AMAZED at the different in prices on the exact same guns...I saw over $100 difference on the S&W 317 kit gun...amazing. And the p22's also had crazy rang of prices. Why?

This was my first gun show too. I was able to handle the Walther p22, and saw a S&W 22a - for $195. I didn't want to just buy it because it was only two hundred, but I was tempted. Have to say I'm over the Sig Mosquito urge. Saw some Ruger Mark Is - hadn't seen those before.
I was AMAZED at the different in prices on the exact same guns...I saw over $100 difference on the S&W 317 kit gun...amazing. And the p22's also had crazy rang of prices. Why?

Because they can [laugh]

You really need to know waht you're buying 'cause there are some very not nice people selling there [laugh]

Because they can [laugh]

You really need to know waht you're buying 'cause there are some very not nice people selling there [laugh]

Tell me about it. My friend and I had noticed the price differences, and finally saw two Walther p22's at the same table, so my friend started to ask why the price difference. Then we noticed one had a longer barrel, so she said "Nevermind, I answered my own question" and laughed. The guy behind the table said "I don't see any humor in that".

Tell me about it. My friend and I had noticed the price differences, and finally saw two Walther p22's at the same table, so my friend started to ask why the price difference. Then we noticed one had a longer barrel, so she said "Nevermind, I answered my own question" and laughed. The guy behind the table said "I don't see any humor in that".

Yah, I'm glad I went for the experience - and I got to meet some people from Hopkington gun club & join it, but some of the vendors were real jerks. I DID buy an holster from the guy at the CTAC booth and he was actually very nice. I did buy some 5.56 ammo for a decent (but not amazing) price.

I've always thought that buying guns was best done in gun stores. First, while I admit that I haven't been going to shows for that long, I rarely see really exciting deals anymore. While I remember that you could pick up a half-decent WASR 10 for $350 last spring, even those deals are gone now. Remember the $200 SKS? Yup, that was back in the fall, nearly 4 months ago.

Ancient!

The second reason I prefer gun stores is that it gives you a chance to create a relationship with an FFL. That's invaluable time. It shows the FFL that your serious; not just watching them drag guns out, and disassemble them for your viewing pleasure. Also, it gives you an "in" to the world of special deals that fly around behind the scene. Guns are like jobs, the good ones go without public notice. Gun Shows, even when they aren't as ridiculously packed as Marlboro was, are hectic affairs. If you're buying your 7th gun, then sure, go to a gun show. But when you're making that first purchase, go to a good dealer and get the time and attention and service you deserve.

And that's all I got to say about that.

Last edited:
I've always thought that buying guns was best done in gun stores. First, while I admit that I haven't been going to shows for that long, I rarely see really exciting deals, while I remember that you could pick up a half decent WASR 10 for $350 last spring, even those deals are gone. Remember $200 SKS? Yup, that was back in the fall nearly 4 months ago. Ancient! The second reason I prefer stores is that it gives you a chance to create a relationship with an FFL. That's invaluable time. It shows the FFL that your serious and not just about watching them drag guns out, and disassemble them for your viewing pleasure. Also, it gives you an "in" to the world of special deals that fly around behind the scene. Guns are like jobs, the good ones go without public notice. Gun Shows, even when they aren't as ridiculously packaged as Marlboro was, are hectic affairs. If you're buying your 7th gun, then sure go to a gun show, but when you're making that first purchase, go to a good dealer and get the time and attention and service you deserve.

+2 Good advice

...create a relationship with an FFL. That's invaluable time. It shows the FFL that your serious; not just watching them drag guns out, and disassemble them for your viewing pleasure. Also, it gives you an "in" to the world of special deals that fly around behind the scene. Guns are like jobs, the good ones go without public notice. Gun Shows, even when they aren't as ridiculously packed as Marlboro was, are hectic affairs. If you're buying your 7th gun, then sure, go to a gun show. But when you're making that first purchase, go to a good dealer and get the time and attention and service you deserve.

Good advice here. I have formed relationships with two FFL's. Both of whom have taken care of me with "regular customer" pricing on more than one firearm. They also know I like US millsurp and they will inform me of new arrivals when I stop by the shop.

This was my first show too. I was amazed at the fact that there were 300+ guys waiting in line to get in. I have never been to that trade center (Royal Plaza) when the parking lot was completely full like it was Saturday.
That aside I enjoyed being there but wouldn't probably go again. I guess I expected something slightly different. I would have thought that there would have been booths from Remington, Ruger, Sig, Leupold, RCBS, Dillon, Lyman etc etc. The mfgs should all be there showing off the latest and greatest guns for 2009. Where there are guns, there are hunters, what about outfitters and hunting lodges. Instead it was more of a gun dealer flea market. I also thought there would be more guys selling ammo in bulk, and at better prices.
Otherwise for me the highlight of the show was the booth selling Jerky and smoked cheese. They had some tasty stuff. I wish I had gotten a business card from them so that I could buy some more stuff later. Overall it was ok.

Back
Top Bottom