• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Marlboro Gun Show, Jan 30 & 31

I got there around 8:45 and stood in line to get in and paid my $10. What a waste of time! Just a bunch of junk and overprced crap. Not one bit of usable tactical gear or military gear. The ammo was ridiculous with PMC 223 going for $389/1000. I just bought some online for $319. Winchester White Box .40S&W was going for $35.00/100 and I buy it for $28 all day long. I was at the Manchester NH show a couple weeks ago and that show was 10 times better. I will never waste my time on this show again. Massachussets residents deserve better that this!![angry]

Was there around 10:40 & the line was long, but moved well. It was kinda crowded...some tabled had them stacked 2 people deep which was ok, except when the table on the other side also had them stacked 2 deep. No new toys, but I did meet two NES'rs. Oh, and I bought some jerky.

Last edited:
I've never seen a line that long before getting into that show. I got there around 10am and waited almost 30 minutes in line. Friggin cold out there. Once I got in, the crowds were huge in each isle, but if you had patience you could make it through. I wasn't interested in the guns this time around. I was mostly looking for accessories. Scored three FAL Metric Mags for $35, which I thought was a great deal. I ran into a lot of NES folks. Probably spent more time chatting with different folks then actually shopping, which is fine. Also talked to Mrs Magnum at the GOAL table and bought my tickets for TVI's rifle raffle. Overall I spent more then 3 hours there.

Anyone buy a 500 rnd case of 7.62x39 russian no name ammo from the NY guys? I was tempted as it was only $130 per 500 rnds. Looked just like Wolf. When I first got there they had a whole pallet of the stuff. They had less then a 1/3rd of a pallet left when I was leaving. Passed, but I'm thinking I should of pick up a case.

I got there around noon time. No lines. Checked my gun and ammo in and went looking for the Earmold guy. He was just finishing up another old timer whose earmolds wore out after seven years. I guess these will be my first and last ones, if I last seven more years.

Very crowded. I saw Kim at the GOAL table and was gonna say Hi but she was gone before I got to do so.

Walked around a bit but not too much. Gotta get my hip fixed. I'll call the doc on Monday. I'm a coward. I keep putting this hip job off and it really limits what I can do.

I got there about 11:45. Line moved very fast. Saw some good deals and some not so good deals. I picked up some more DTOM stuff like patches and pins. Didn't find any good mags. I did however find out that my wife wants to get and LTC and buy her own stuff. I'll be heading for Four Seasons for a shotgun and some ammo. I know their prices were better than what I found at the show today. All in all it was a damn good time.

Couldn't make it today due to car issues.

I might go tomorrow but did anyone see:

1) Saiga 12? Might buy one of those.
2) 5.56mm SS109/M855? - want to try that to compare the XM193

Thanx for any info

I saw a Saiga in the racks at one of the dealers that had a LOT of guns there. I also saw some SS109 at another table.

Didn't see too many NES'ers there - but I was keeping my head down and busy looking at all the stuff on tables since I was looking for some specific stuff. The place was packed - lines a few hundred feet long when I got there (about 10am) - but the line moved pretty fast. I ran info Fred Lotter - and saw a few other faces I recognized from Appleseed shoots and so forth - but didn't run into any of the guys I work with who were supposed to be there.

And yeah - the jerky is awesome. I bought a couple of pieces and walked away eating them while I perused more tables. Then I went back and filled up a whole bag to take home.

Found a few things I was looking for - but should have brought more money as there was some stuff there I wanted but didn't have enough cash for.

Couldn't make it today due to car issues.

I might go tomorrow but did anyone see:

1) Saiga 12? Might buy one of those.
2) 5.56mm SS109/M855? - want to try that to compare the XM193

Thanx for any info

I saw what I think was Prvi PPU manufactured Green Tip SS109 ammo at the table with pallets of ammo. $100 for a battle pack of 200 rounds.

I also picked up a 1000 round case of the $239.99 .223 Russian "hunting" ammo.

worked the booth for my club...watching the line build up was insane, there was a guy in front of the booth with a rolling rack of soft body armor for $50-$60 a piece, he sold out in a couple hours, I decided not to pick one up but that seemed to be the "deal of the day" that I noticed

Handgun prices were WAY too high. $679 for a S&W M&P9mm! [shocked]
Overall, I'll say it was a waste of time for me.......

Agreed. Handgun prices were a little much across the board. But there was a good amount of resonably-priced stuff. Saw some good deals on ammo and some accessories.

Well worth the trip for me.

I bought a case of the 124gr 9mm. The price was about par based on what I see online. I also bought a few mags and there was a vendor with a bunch of Sadlak M1A/M14 parts so I got a few things I wanted including a gas cylinder wrench.

For the most part, it was the same old over priced guns, knives and ridiculous Nazi stuff.

10:30 and the line is over twice the length of the building.
>:-/

I got there at 7:15 and waited in my truck till 8:15 before getting in line, I was about the eighth person in line.
Only waited about 15 mins till they let us in.
Got custom earplugs, powder, primers, targets and of course......... JERKY!
All in all, a good time (no stinky un-bathed types around me) [dance]
Who was at the GOAL table with MrsMagnum, another NESer?

Met up with two of my buddies to go this morning, got there oh about 1145, decent sized line but it moved right along.

The place was packed!! More so than the last show they had there or atleast it seemed to me! Didn't see any really great deals today, and I was on a budget anyways, so I came home almost empty handed, got myself some jerky, damn its good.

Anyone know if the ear plug guy that makes the custom ear plugs will be there? If so, what days?

Yes he was out back against the rear wall today.

[laugh]There was a bit of a line when we got there, but I got to meet C-pher, so it was worth it..lol I did buy a belt, because I needed one, Trav got a few little things too. I would like to thank all of the imbeciles who stepped on my kid, that was awesome.. Oh, and I think the jerky was awful..

Anyone buy a 500 rnd case of 7.62x39 russian no name ammo from the NY guys? I was tempted as it was only $130 per 500 rnds. Looked just like Wolf. When I first got there they had a whole pallet of the stuff. They had less then a 1/3rd of a pallet left when I was leaving. Passed, but I'm thinking I should of pick up a case.

My friend did, that stuff was going pretty quick. I got some custom ear plugs and a few ammo cans. It was a pretty good show, but way too crowded. I might go back tomorrow and see if I missed anything.

Got there at 2:00, late but no line.

Bought a Desantis pocket holster for my seecamp and 1 beef stick.

I expect the gun prices to be high. It's the same stuff every year but I still like to go and poke around for awhile....

Its ammo from the Tula factory. Not good but not that bad, at least its non corrosive. Its just bottom of the barrel 7.62x39.
Save your cash for Wilmington and get some Golden Tigerfor $200. There will be another NY dealer at Wilmington so prices will be comparable.

As for the show itself... I never thought I'd see a line out into the parking lot 2 hours after start time, but today I did. Trying to get a look at some tables was a pain in the ass. I didn't even get to look at any handguns because most tables were packed with people standing and staring.
The one thing I can never understand is why people feel the need to stop in the middle of an aisle and talk. [rolleyes] Its great to see people that you only bump into at shows and shoots and bullshit for a while, but I always make it a point to be out of the way if I'm going to do so.

Most guns I saw were way overpriced with a few good deals on bolt action surplus guns here and there. 10/22s were priced ok as were new WASR10s, but even the M1 Carbines have gone way up compared to what they were a year ago. I looked at ammo and kept walking. Just about the only stuff I saw worth the price was accessories like mags, parts, targets, etc.
I cleaned out the jerky table of the packs of Downeast Blend. People at work gave me about $40 to bring a bunch of packs back but I could only get 7. Thats the one type they never bring enough of.

I'm curious to find out how much $$$ the BW made off admission today.

For as many NESers that were there...not that many stopped by and said hi. I was even wearing my NES Shirt...

It was so damn busy that I didn't really even get to walk around the show. It tried to stop over to say hi at the Remsport Table...but someone shooshed me away basicly. I told someone there that I was from NES. Looked and said, "What's your Question....then said, "Who?" I pointed to a peice of paper that read, "NES Special (a price) WOW" or something like that and said, Northeastshooters. He said, I don't know...talk to John...he's the one that posts on there.

I looked over and said that he seemed busy and I'll check back later. The guy said very snarky, "TH-ANK you." In that go away tone...

Not sure what that was all about...but not sure that I'll check back if they are that rude to people. People know that I'm a happy go lucky person that gets a long with everyone...so I'm not sure what that was all about...but it sucks.

Glad that I was what made Jen's show...LOL! That was funny. Sorry that people were stepping on your kids.

I have to say...that was the busiest I've seen that show in a few years working there... Good to see that it was that busy...

We'll see how tomorrow is...

I will be heading there tomorrow before hitting the range at WPR. did anyone see any H&K .40 10 round mags anywhere in there. I only need one.

I will be heading there tomorrow before hitting the range at WPR. did anyone see any H&K .40 10 round mags anywhere in there. I only need one.

I didn't see any HK mags there, not that I was looking for them. However, I went to K&R on my way to the show and they had a bargain of magazines in there for $5ea. They had some HK USP mags still in bags and I think I saw a USP .40 mag. I bought a couple of USP .45 mags. It was a sweet deal.

I thought I recognized you but wasn't positive. You were talking to someone else and I didn't feel like standing there like an idiot, otherwise I would have asked.

For as many NESers that were there...not that many stopped by and said hi. I was even wearing my NES Shirt...

It was so damn busy that I didn't really even get to walk around the show. It tried to stop over to say hi at the Remsport Table...but someone shooshed me away basicly. I told someone there that I was from NES. Looked and said, "What's your Question....then said, "Who?" I pointed to a peice of paper that read, "NES Special (a price) WOW" or something like that and said, Northeastshooters. He said, I don't know...talk to John...he's the one that posts on there.

I looked over and said that he seemed busy and I'll check back later. The guy said very snarky, "TH-ANK you." In that go away tone...

Not sure what that was all about...but not sure that I'll check back if they are that rude to people. People know that I'm a happy go lucky person that gets a long with everyone...so I'm not sure what that was all about...but it sucks.

Glad that I was what made Jen's show...LOL! That was funny. Sorry that people were stepping on your kids.

I have to say...that was the busiest I've seen that show in a few years working there... Good to see that it was that busy...

We'll see how tomorrow is...

I've been going to guns shows pretty regular for about 47 years.
This was the first time that I purchased nothing.
Used handguns at new retail + $ just doesn't do anything for me.

Jack

I wasn't looking closely, but I think I saw one WASR-10 there for $500. Which isn't what I wanted to hear, since I paid $600 during the Obama gun buying program.

C-pher - I saw you there but you were with a customer.

Show was good. Picked up a Ruger Single Six with a 7.5" Barrel for a nice price. One of the cylinders was missing but the price reflected that. Very happy! Thing's barely used. We'll see how it shoots tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom