• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Markey calls for an "assault weapon" ban

This didn't make much news around here, but back in September, MAIG's bus tour stopped in Boston, and both our Senators got up to proclaim they hate civil rights.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4sAfRo_7vGA

couldn't make it through the video, but I just can't figure out what these people are doing. Their jobs are to write bills that may get voted into law if enough other politicians think they're a good idea and to vote on such bills written by others. Why the hell are they following a bus tour around lecturing the public? What the hell is that supposed to do?

couldn't make it through the video, but I just can't figure out what these people are doing. Their jobs are to write bills that may get voted into law if enough other politicians think they're a good idea and to vote on such bills written by others. Why the hell are they following a bus tour around lecturing the public? What the hell is that supposed to do?

What's it supposed to do? It's to make it look (to the low-information voters) that they're trying to do something.

Don't get your panties all in a bunch here. This is his same exact campaign speech, word for word. I imagine some young enterprising reporter likely was roaming the halls up there, and find him napping. In an effort to look busy, he pulled out that speech.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

But King Obama, our campaigner in chief, has showed them...this is how it's done.

y8yparat.jpg

They can have mine 1 grain @ a time

Sent using my NSA phone

Ed Markey can choke on a scabby dick. He's the poster child for just about everything I hate about the Democratic Party. Every time I see that carpetbagging tool I want to spit on something. I wish he'd take that ridiculous haircut to Maryland and represent the place he REALLY lives. Let them learn to despise him.

Anyone ever read Markey's background and how insane he is in regards to rollercoasters? He is arguably more psycho about them than guns, and he was dedicated to passing laws about something that didn't need laws.

Anyone ever read Markey's background and how insane he is in regards to rollercoasters? He is arguably more psycho about them than guns, and he was dedicated to passing laws about something that didn't need laws.

Exactly! "Here's another way we can spend your tax money: Oversight of something you make the free choice - or not - to participate in. We're here to help you not have to stop, look, think, and make your own educated decisions and it'll only cost your tax money that might otherwise be used to pay teachers and properly equip fire departments."

The sense of intellectual superiority so many professional politicians have; that they think they know better than the people they work for about how things should be, annoys me to no end. I'm getting nauseous just thinking about this clown.

Last edited:
You mean the guy who for his first act abstained on voting one way or another for another war to secure his political future? That guy? What disgusts me most is people will vote for him regardless. I think more and more the MAJORITY of people in this country who bury their kids, end up broke, etc deserve it 100% due to political indifference or willful ignorance. They bear most of that responsibility due to their uncompromising party allegiance and failure to make their voices heard. I feel for those caught up in their mess.

Mike

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

Kind of ironic. The people who flee MA to escape guys like Markey are now reunited with him. Brings a tear to my eye.
Ya, I thought about that. I thought about how running away from a problem and leaving us behind with even less of a chance to succeed will be a great benefit to the country.

But then I also thought about how at some point in life it might be nice to not live here, and to move to Texas or NH and shoot in my back yard.

So I didn't and won't say anything about it.

Oh wait...

Back
Top Bottom