• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Marijuana users and guns, please be aware:

New CJIS Functionality
Massachusetts Sealed Record Data
and
Medical Marijuana Inquiries

On Wednesday morning, October 8, 2014 the Department of Criminal Justice Information Services (DCJIS) will be releasing new functionality within the CJIS Web and CJIS Messenger applications. This new functionality is briefly described below.

Sealed Record Data

Sealed record data will be available to most CJIS Web/CJIS Messenger users. Every BOP inquiry will check for sealed record information and, if it exists, the user will be able to view the actual sealed record data. Please note, however, that sealed record data will not be displayed automatically; the user will need to request it using functionality provided in CJIS Web/CJIS Messenger.

Medical Marijuana (MMJ) Inquiries

CJIS users will have the ability to verify the medical marijuana status of individuals. Inquiries may be made by either an individual’s Name and DOB or by the individual’s Registration Number. These inquiries will be searched against the MMJ database maintained by the Department of Public Health (DPH). Results will include a photo of the individual, if available.

IMPORTANT: because this is a brand new DPH system, all individuals currently certified for medical marijuana use must be re-certified. As a result, the MMJ database will have no records in it for at least the first couple of weeks. In addition, the DPH uses Registry of Motor Vehicles Driver’s License/Massachusetts ID photos for MMJ registrations. Therefore, the photo displayed in an MMJ response may be up to ten (10) years

Sealed?

f67334bc58f2468bad15312669d5edaa0afe4c44de4eb56039994a47f00d296b.jpg

Attachments

• 19789999.jpg
    19789999.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 53
Sealed. Yep, going to have to select another option to see that one.

[video=youtube_share;jhPE4gdrGEM]http://youtu.be/jhPE4gdrGEM[/video]

New member, 1st post...

When I was 20(20yrs ago), I had a felony marijuana charge(no conviction), and a couple misdemeanor charges for possession(I think 1 of these 2 resulted in a guilty finding). Here's my question; am I permanently ineligible for an LTC?

New member, 1st post...

When I was 20(20yrs ago), I had a felony marijuana charge(no conviction), and a couple misdemeanor charges for possession(I think 1 of these 2 resulted in a guilty finding). Here's my question; am I permanently ineligible for an LTC?

You need to pull a copy of your records/dispositions from every courthouse you've been through, and possibly talk to a firearms lawyer before you even think about filling out an application.

-Mike

Back
Top Bottom