Range Fee: $10 Per day to Mansfield Fish and Game

Registration link: http://www.eventbrite.com/event/401792773

Camping available: No

Hotels:
Holiday Inn Mansfield-Foxboro Hotel, 31 Hampshire Street, Mansfield, MA
Red Roof Inn Discount Hotel, 60 Forbes Blvd, Mansfield, MA‎
Residence Inn by Marriott, 250 Foxborough Blvd, Foxboro, MA‎

Directions: http://mansfieldfish.com/Site Pages/Directions/Directions.html

State Laws to be aware of: Mirror of Federal Assault Weapon Ban including magazines. If coming from out of state, print out this page as "proof of attending a competition" and keep your rifle unloaded in a locked case until you get to the range. If coming from out of state, don't bring a pistol unless you have a non-resident LTC.

Misc: Lunch food will be available for a fee. 40 Shooters max. Centerfire and Rimfire OK.

For more information contact: [email protected] or crak or dwarven1 on the appleseedinfo.org or northeastshooters.com forums.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Appleseed folks are will have the online registration page up soon. I'll update this when they do. For now, mark your calendars!

The Harvard event on the webpage says $70 for the two day event for an adult. Will it be the same at Mansfield?

Yes, the 2 day pre-paid Appleseed fee is a fixed $70 everywhere unless the shooter qualifies for the free deal.
Range fees are set by the hosting range.

Registration link is now up!!

Here's the registration link!

http://www.eventbrite.com/event/401792773

BTW, the cost of the shoot is the Appleseed registration fee + range fee*(number of days you're shooting).

IOW, if you're shooting for two days, and you register in advance, you pay $70 online to the RWVA, and $20 that weekend to Mansfield F&G. If you register on the spot for the weekend, you pay $80 to RWVA and $20 to MF&G. One day, in advance, is $45 +$10. On the spot, one day is $50+$10.

That make things clearer?

Crystal. Thank you. Now if I can just get 500 rounds of factory .223 or .30 carbine ammo.

Might be cheaper to run up to Callaghan's in Marlborough, buy the used 10/22 that he's got on the rack for $135 and turn it into an LTR and scrounge up a thousand rounds of .22LR.

When I went to the mini shoot in Mansfield, MA a few months ago, the range rules specified that if your rifle had a jam or a misfire you had to put down your rifle and have a range officer clear it after the cease fire command.

Does anyone know if this will be the case at the full appleseed shoot at this range?

Thanks,

NoElephant

Just signed on the dotted line...I'm in. [smile]

By the way, there is a great place to get wings in Norton, not to far away. If anyone is interested in heading over after the shoot, let's get together.

Last edited:

By the way, there is a great place to get wings in Norton, not to far away. If anyone is interested in heading over after the shoot, let's get together.

Cool. It'll be great to meet you.
Wings, huh? Mmmmmmmm

Bring a LOT of ammo... we're turning up the heat here in New England. Round count for this weekend was in the 1200 range.

Never mind ammo... bring friends!!!

We need to fill these lines up.

Ladies, active duty military, and anybody under 21 shoot free!

Don't say that 'W' word

I'm in for the Mansfield appleseed as well, and as a resident of the area I frequent this wing place you speak of... mmm...

I'd like to attend one day, but can't commit to either yet. What are my chances of there being room if I just show up on whichever day I can make it? How many are signed up now?

I think there will be room.

Just a guess. I think we're only about 1/4 full when I got the data last tuesday but there's usually a spike right around 2 weeks out (which is now)

I'd like to attend one day, but can't commit to either yet. What are my chances of there being room if I just show up on whichever day I can make it? How many are signed up now?

Your just looking for an opportunity to be the best shot again...showoff!!! [smile]

I'm in for Mansfield on Sat and Sun, both. Just got signed up tonight. One question: signed the GF up for Sunday, since she works Saturday mornings--is it okay if she wants to show up sometime in the afternoon on Saturday? Should she bring her 10/22 and could we get her started on Saturday? If not, that's okay, it's just a thought.

I unfortunately missed that post before leaving for the shoot, but the answer would've been that we'd do our best depending on instructor/student ratio to get her caught up whenever she came.

It's the same thing we'll do tomorrow when she does come. [smile]

If I can get friggin' Photobucket to load the pictures, I have a few pix to show. Friggin' useless error codes - WTF is a "404 error", and why don't they have any tech support or even a FAQ on it??????

Here we go.

DSC02146.jpg

DSC02147.jpg

DSC02148.jpg

Two Riflemen on Saturday...

DSC02149.jpg

DSC02150.jpg

Abby Oakley's custom LTR...
DSC02144.jpg

DSC02145.jpg

Last edited:
Back