Man who keeps getting arrested for attacking people downtown is arrested again for role in attacking somebody downtown

Boston Police report arresting two men last night for trying to rob a man on a moped - who was able to drive away even though one of the men had repeatedly stabbed his rear tire.

Police say the moped rider found himself approached by three guys looking for trouble around 10:15 p.m. outside 131 Tremont St., at Winter Street.
The victim stated that one of the males attempted to pull his arm and the keys from his moped, while a second male tried pushing him around. Then one of the males took a knife out and began to stab the rear tire of his moped. The victim stayed on his moped and was able to drive away and call 911.

Arriving officers found two of the men, one clad entirely in black, the other entirely in red, nearby:
The officers stopped the males, and as they were speaking with them, one of the males kept reaching into his front pants pockets and waist area, after multiple commands to show his hands. Upon conducting a pat frisk of the suspect, officers located a firearm in the front waistband area of the suspects pants. The firearm was a silver and black Zoraki 2918, containing one live round of ammunition and one round in the magazine. the second individual continued to reach his hands into his front pants pocket, and became agitated at the officers when they began to pat frisk him. As a result of the pat frisk, officers recovered a folding knife from the suspects left front pocket.

Adelson Lovensky, 22, of Boston, was charged with possession of a firearm in commission of a felony, unlawful possession of a firearm, unlawful possession of ammunition, carrying a loaded, large-capacity firearm, unlawful possession of a large firearm, armed assault to rob and distribution of a Class D drug, police say.

In February, 2019, Lovensky was arrested on charges he had stabbed somebody on Tremont Street at Park Street. In October, 2018, he was arrested on charges he beat a man in the head with a gun handle on Winter Street.

Filsdyn Modan, 24, of Somerville, was charged with armed assault to rob, malicious destruction of property over $1,200, possession of marijuana, disorderly conduct and resisting arrest, police say.

FWIW... a Zoraki 2918 is blank gun

I work in Downtown Boston, am from Boston (Dorchester) originally, and I carry. And I've never - ever - seen downtown look (and feel) this bad in my life. Ever...
Even before the yuppies moved in and 'upscaled' the area, etc, and back when downtown was a sleepy quiet town after the rush hour trains took everyone back to the neighborhoods and the basically the only people who were downtown back then were, well, basically 'looking for trouble' anyways (and often found it...But.. I've never encountered more 'potential threats' (translation: filthbag/dirtball/scumsucking/criminal effin maggots) before this bullshit Covid lockdown/shutdown/ghost town thing happened, starting back in March and worsened by the day as weather got nicer and the maggots stayed outside at night - instead of at the 'homeless' shelters etc.

I also carry Fox Labs pepper spray (in addition to either my G26 or Sig P365, depending on the day and which one I feel like carrying.. and have come close to using it many, many times. The "beautiful downtown Boston" area after dark (and often before, even in daylight) is an absolute horror show now, and Boston is one of the "good" cities in the country.

I can only imagine what a Newark or Detroit looks like these days (nights) but Boston is a shadow of its former self, thanks to Charlie and Marty and all the other "This will hurt that effin Trump, in spite of what it does to the economy" idiots who have encouraged and enforced this 'shutdown'.

I would simply LOVE to see Charlie walk around the Common or old Combat Zone area with his wife, unprotected by his State Police personal detail 24/7 and see what he and Walsh have done to this once vibrant, relatively safe, formerly awesome downtown, now with almost every retail shop and bar shuttered and filthbag scum walking/staggering/around, many with (almost, you'd swear) heroin syringes hanging from their arms, or sneering and scowling at you sizing you up for a robbery/stabbing etc.

It's literally unreal, especially walking to your car at midnight. Literally unreal.

Last edited:
I used to work in DTX, 500ft from where this happened. So, so happy that I don't have to set foot in Boston anymore.

Only one block away from Suffolk Law. It is amazing how sketchy that whole area is. I used to park in the common garage and would often be in the city well past 9 or 10. Going through the common was always an adventure.

Last edited:
In the old days Boston PD. would throw them in the back of the wagon with a few other cops,and take a slow ride to the station.
You would not see that person in that area anymore.

I'm pretty sure that gun shoots blanks....is that in and of itself a crime..well...besides the rest of the stuff....

I'm pretty sure that gun shoots blanks....is that in and of itself a crime..well...besides the rest of the stuff....

In the commission of a violent crime it is...

Section 58: Possession of deceptive weapon device during commission of violent crime; penalty

Section 58. Any person who is in possession of a deceptive weapon device as defined in section 121 of chapter 140 during the commission of a violent crime as defined in said section 121 of said chapter 140 shall be deemed to be armed and shall be punishable by penalties set forth in this chapter

https://malegislature.gov/Laws/GeneralLaws/PartIV/TitleI/Chapter265/Section58

''Deceptive weapon device'', any device that is intended to convey the presence of a rifle, shotgun or firearm that is used in the commission of a violent crime, as defined in this section, and which presents an objective threat of immediate death or serious bodily harm to a person of reasonable and average sensibility.

https://malegislature.gov/Laws/GeneralLaws/PartI/TitleXX/Chapter140/Section121

I work in Downtown Boston, am from Boston (Dorchester) originally, and I carry. And I've never - ever - seen downtown look (and feel) this bad in my life. Ever...
Even before the yuppies moved in and 'upscaled' the area, etc, and back when downtown was a sleepy quiet town after the rush hour trains took everyone back to the neighborhoods and the basically the only people who were downtown back then were, well, basically 'looking for trouble' anyways (and often found it...But.. I've never encountered more 'potential threats' (translation: filthbag/dirtball/scumsucking/criminal effin maggots) before this bullshit Covid lockdown/shutdown/ghost town thing happened, starting back in March and worsened by the day as weather got nicer and the maggots stayed outside at night - instead of at the 'homeless' shelters etc.

I also carry Fox Labs pepper spray (in addition to either my G26 or Sig P365, depending on the day and which one I feel like carrying.. and have come close to using it many, many times. The "beautiful downtown Boston" area after dark (and often before, even in daylight) is an absolute horror show now, and Boston is one of the "good" cities in the country.

I can only imagine what a Newark or Detroit looks like these days (nights) but Boston is a shadow of its former self, thanks to Charlie and Marty and all the other "This will hurt that effin Trump, in spite of what it does to the economy" idiots who have encouraged and enforced this 'shutdown'.

I would simply LOVE to see Charlie walk around the Common or old Combat Zone area with his wife, unprotected by his State Police personal detail 24/7 and see what he and Walsh have done to this once vibrant, relatively safe, formerly awesome downtown, now with almost every retail shop and bar shuttered and filthbag scum walking/staggering/around, many with (almost, you'd swear) heroin syringes hanging from their arms, or sneering and scowling at you sizing you up for a robbery/stabbing etc.

It's literally unreal, especially walking to your car at midnight. Literally unreal.

This x100.

I can not believe the difference in just a few years.

ETA: I had a nice chuckle a month or two ago when parents were moving their kids into school. One of them came into my store and made a comment about all the junkies, trash etc.

We explained how the DA “decriminalized” all that behavior and the city isn’t concerned in the least about the public’s safety. Mom looked shook when they left for the dorm room at their 40k a year school.

A finger poking out in your pocket is an assupmtion of being armed if you are robbing someone and is grounds to be shot dead.
If someone pulled that pistol on me, they'd meet their maker right away.

Walsh is a squishy liberal and even before Covid he had relaxed the rules on panhandling and vagrancy. I should say, he relaxed the BPD enforcement of those rules. When Menino was Mayor, the police spent a lot of time moving those people along.

I retired before Walsh got in, but in my infrequent trips to Boston I see the areas that used to be pretty well policed are not abandoned when it comes to panhandlers and drug deals.

It's really bad at Melna Cass and Mass Ave and Albany and Mass Ave as well. At Mass and Albany, there have been several stabbings, at least one fatal. That's right outside of Boston Medical Center for those not familiar with the area.

At Cass and Mass, the panhandling is out of control. As is the drug dealing amongst the Methadonians. With a House of Corrections and three methadone clinics in the area, it's not too much of a surprise.

I'm glad I don't have to go into Boston other than once in a while to pick up or drop off packages at hospitals. BMC is not one of those hospitals, which is fine with me.

Walsh is a squishy liberal and even before Covid he had relaxed the rules on panhandling and vagrancy. I should say, he relaxed the BPD enforcement of those rules. When Menino was Mayor, the police spent a lot of time moving those people along.

I retired before Walsh got in, but in my infrequent trips to Boston I see the areas that used to be pretty well policed are not abandoned when it comes to panhandlers and drug deals.

It's really bad at Melna Cass and Mass Ave and Albany and Mass Ave as well. At Mass and Albany, there have been several stabbings, at least one fatal. That's right outside of Boston Medical Center for those not familiar with the area.

At Cass and Mass, the panhandling is out of control. As is the drug dealing amongst the Methadonians. With a House of Corrections and three methadone clinics in the area, it's not too much of a surprise.

I'm glad I don't have to go into Boston other than once in a while to pick up or drop off packages at hospitals. BMC is not one of those hospitals, which is fine with me.

Methadonians made me lol.

I’m going to use that all the time now.

That wasn't mine, not that you all aren't free to use it. A friend of mine who is still working in EMS somewhere else in the country gave it to me. Apparently, it's commonly used in some EMS systems.

Along with "Incarceritis" which is that ailment prisoners get when they find out that they can't be bailed out until they see the judge the next day that court is open. Very prevalent on long weekends.

10:15 outside of Fortune Cookie???? Yeah. HowboutNO? Even in the "safe" days of 87-94 when I worked in the general area, prob'lee not.

OK, I actually take that back. One time my (at the time future) in-laws came in for a Sox game. Picked me up at my then-job in FinDist. "Take us to parking." "WHAT??? I don't park. I don't drive in teh city. YOU grew up here." "Find me any garage." So we parked at one of the garages off PO Square.

PO Square to Fenway. Not a short trip. LOL.

We actually got off at Park and just walked back to the garage from there on the way home. 10:30 at night. Middle of Summer. Probably a Thursday or so. Never felt in danger. We could have walked the entire way, but walking thru the parks after dark - even then - wasn't THAT smart.

The seedy side was more the theater district area back in those days.

FWIW... a Zoraki 2918 is blank gun
DirectImaginaryAfricanharrierhawk-size_restricted.gif

Only one block away from Suffolk Law. It is amazing how sketchy that whole area is. I used to park in the common garage and would often be in the city well past 9 or 10. Going through the common was always an adventure.

My kid is going to Suffolk as a freshman (not law), and I can't believe the homeless and sh*tbags I see on the sidewalks across from the common on his side of the street. The school actually told the students they are safer walking on the common side.
I went to school in Boston and lived there in the 90's and didn't think it was that bad downtown then. Nice job Walsh and Baker . Keep killing the economy and protecting the criminals.
The state continues to spiral.

YEah. Homeless have been in the Common for a long long time. I recall taking my young sister and my same-aged-young future-sister-in-law to Boston on X-mas Eve to go thru the Jordan Marsh displays and wander around downtown. We ended up having a TON of time before the next train so we decided to walk from Tremont to Back Bay station. Maybe we were going to wander by the big toy store that used to be on Boyston. . . . Damn I can't remember hte name.

Anyhow, my sister and SIL were absolutely SHOCKED at hte # of homeless on the Common. It was just sad. Christmas Eve and all. It took the wind out the sails of our day. That was 1988 or 89. Probably 88 because I think my future wife was in England for December of 89. (I flew out to meet her for X-mas on the one year anniversary of the Lockerby bombing. Needless to say, security was high EVERYWHERE!)

For those of you wondering what we're talking about when we speak of Methodonians, here is a picture a friend of mine who worked at BMC took over the summer.

KuX7PAE.jpg

This was taken from the walkway between the hospital and what used to be known as the Nurses Education Building at BMC. You're looking south on Mass Ave towards Melnea Cass. On the left is the "Laundry Shelter" at the back of the old Boston City Hospital research building. That building is now "Boston Health Care for the Homeless."

The people camped out on the sidewalk outside the fence are homeless. On the traffic island behind that, you can see two panhandlers waiting for the light to turn red so they can panhandle. The panhandlers are well organized with assigned locations and shifts. Or maybe not assigned, but claimed by whatever process.

Back
Top Bottom