Man who keeps getting arrested for attacking people downtown is arrested again for role in attacking somebody downtown

YEah. Homeless have been in the Common for a long long time. I recall taking my young sister and my same-aged-young future-sister-in-law to Boston on X-mas Eve to go thru the Jordan Marsh displays and wander around downtown. We ended up having a TON of time before the next train so we decided to walk from Tremont to Back Bay station. Maybe we were going to wander by the big toy store that used to be on Boyston. . . . Damn I can't remember hte name.

Anyhow, my sister and SIL were absolutely SHOCKED at hte # of homeless on the Common. It was just sad. Christmas Eve and all. It took the wind out the sails of our day. That was 1988 or 89. Probably 88 because I think my future wife was in England for December of 89. (I flew out to meet her for X-mas on the one year anniversary of the Lockerby bombing. Needless to say, security was high EVERYWHERE!)

FAO Schwarz?

This x100.

I can not believe the difference in just a few years.

ETA: I had a nice chuckle a month or two ago when parents were moving their kids into school. One of them came into my store and made a comment about all the junkies, trash etc.

We explained how the DA “decriminalized” all that behavior and the city isn’t concerned in the least about the public’s safety. Mom looked shook when they left for the dorm room at their 40k a year school.

What school in Boston is 'only' $40k a year? I think the number with room board and books is closer to $40k a semester....

About 5yrs ago my now-wife lived in Back Bay, just off Newbury St. As I mentioned earlier I worked in DTX so whenever I stayed at her apartment (if you can call it that, it was a tiny studio) I would walk to work in the morning - nice half hour stroll through the city as it was just waking up. By the time I got to the Common I had one hand on the OC spray in my pocket and I was thinking how great it was that I got my LTC restrictions lifted in Boston. An alley way or side street downtown is not where you want to be as the junkies and vagrants are waking up in the streets. They knew they had to relieve themselves on the sidewalk, gather their belongings, and start walking before the first stores that they slept in front of were to open.

Back
Top Bottom