Man vs. Wild

I watched the pilot of that show months ago. The things that he was doing were just for show. If anyone with no knowledge of survival skills took any of his survival practices to heart they would get killed. A lot of people were upset with the producers of the show do to their absolute lack of responsability to the viewer. The only show I care for is Survivor Man. At least he understands safety and that not taking risks is a fundamental key to survival.

The only show I care for is Survivor Man. At least he understands safety and that not taking risks is a fundamental key to survival.
+1!

I saw the first show on Sat on on-demand. I was appalled at the needless risks he was taking!

I mean come on, a 60' jump from a cliff into an unknown depth of water! Then how about laying on your back, and going down the rapids to speed up your escape in 40 degree water with no dry clothes, or destination in mind!

It was laughable to say the least!

If you look closely you can see a life vest under his shirt when he gets out of the water. Makes me want to cry.

I've only seen one show where hes stuck in the rain forest. At least they showed where he wound up with the squirts late at night after eating or drinking something bad. Watching him suck tree sap though was a bit odd.[laugh]

Been wanting to catch that show but haven't seen it yet.
Survivor Man lately has been all reruns.

I was intrigued by him parachuting into the jungle in khaki pants and a dress shirt but had to stop watching when he decided to climb 80 feet or whatnot up some vines to have a look around.I was left thinking "hmm,what would the chances of seeing anything worthwhile be vs expending that much energy and risking serious injury?" and more importantly " why didn't you have a look around when you were riding your parachute down dumbass?".He also said something about not wanting to hunt animals before feasting on some ants.I'm thinking if I'm stranded in the jungle and hungry,I don't care what endangered species I come across,if I can catch and kill 'em,I'm going to eat Macaw.I also was amused by him running breakneck through the jungle-nah,no chances of sprains or stepping on a Bushmaster there.

I was intrigued by him parachuting into the jungle in khaki pants and a dress shirt but had to stop watching when he decided to climb 80 feet or whatnot up some vines to have a look around.I was left thinking "hmm,what would the chances of seeing anything worthwhile be vs expending that much energy and risking serious injury?" and more importantly " why didn't you have a look around when you were riding your parachute down dumbass?".He also said something about not wanting to hunt animals before feasting on some ants.I'm thinking if I'm stranded in the jungle and hungry,I don't care what endangered species I come across,if I can catch and kill 'em,I'm going to eat Macaw.I also was amused by him running breakneck through the jungle-nah,no chances of sprains or stepping on a Bushmaster there.

This is why I prefer Survivor Man to Man vs. Nature. The Survivor Man (forget his name) at least repeats, "Don't take any unnecessary risks" and “slow down and think your way through the situation.” Man vs. Nature is more like he couldn’t get a job as a stunt man and that he wants to be extreme to the max.

Back
Top Bottom