• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Why you should use a priority bag system and ignore BOB vs. INCH

I've done the cascading priority system by accident!

====> Found this other great link in your referenced article: Common sense guidelines for prepping.

"The Sane Prepper Rules:
  • You can’t predict what is going to happen. There are just too many variables. Don’t get tunnel vision or caught up in whatever people are freaking out about on social media.
  • Data and reason should always win over opinion and impractical ideas.
  • Follow the 80-20 rule to focus on the right things and get the most value.
  • It’s impossible to be 100% prepared for 100% of scenarios.
  • Great preps are a mix of gear, supplies, skills, practice, planning, community, and you.
  • For gear or skills to be useful they must be as simple, practical, and reliable as possible. That means good preps are always ready and double dipping is bad.
  • Don’t try to memorize lists and instructions. Focus on learning high leverage concepts and buying high leverage gear so you can think on the fly and adapt.
  • Every budget level can prepare, but you get what you pay for. When it comes to saving your life it’s better to “buy once, cry once.”
  • Be proud that you’re taking steps to be responsible and self-sufficient. Share that prepping responsibility with your family, friends, and neighbors.
  • Prepping should not dominate your life or make it worse. Spend a reasonable amount of time, money, and energy.

I use a BOSC (Bug-Out Steamer Chest)...
a36d12f1de407a5c2b867e9fbadb64b0.jpg

I have found that BOBs need to provide only 6 things:

• Water
  • Food
  • Shelter
  • Fire
  • Hygiene
  • Security
Old men can't carry more on their backs!

I have found that BOBs need to provide only 6 things:
  • Water
  • Food
  • Shelter
  • Fire
  • Hygiene
  • Security
Old men can't carry more on their backs!

Yes! But for how many days...?

Back
Top Bottom