Man accidentally shoots himself at drive-through

Strange place to clear a weapon. Sounds like he had other intentions when pulling up to the window.

In other states in car carry is not CCW per se; But if he was getting out of the car he would have to clear and lock it with no permit. dumbass should have just gotten a frickn' permit.

now, i've stopped at a rest stop over by a state line to unload, secure and pack away a firearm if I dont have a permit to carry in that state... but I don't think I've ever done that at a drive thru window... that's just kinda, well dumb.
Mental note to idiot, unloading the mag and pulling the trigger will clear the weapon... but there are better ways to do this while in a car.[/QUOTE

Now don't forget to rack the slide and look to make sure the chamber is clear. That is VERY important to check the chamber. Just unloading the mag and pulling the trigger is NOT the thing to do. A round could still be in the chamber.

Bob

Uncalled for. [slap] [wink]

Moral of the story only smart people that understand how a gun operates should own Glocks. I am pretty confident I will never put a round into my leg. It is called trigger discipline. Finger goes on trigger when object to be removed/eliminated is in the sights. If you dont have it or can't understand it get a gun with a safety.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom