Man accidentally shoots himself at drive-through

Man accidentally shoots himself at drive-through

18 hours ago
I did a search and don't think this is a dupe.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5hFYaq-tEMss8Rm5U9Hl6F3jqkeSwD97EKRBO0

RAPID CITY, S.D. (AP) — A stop at a fast-food restaurant's drive-through on Tuesday afternoon led to a trip to the hospital after a man accidentally shot himself in the leg with a pistol. The 24-year-old man was apparently trying to clear the weapon when it went off and hit him in the calf.

Police said the man didn't need a permit because the gun wasn't concealed, so he didn't break any laws.

His name was not released.

Information from: KEVN-TV, http://www.kevn.com

Copyright © 2009 The Associated Press. All rights reserved.
Add News to your iGoogle Homepage Add News to your iGoogle Homepage
The Associated Press

[laugh2] Dumbass. Why the hell was he doing that in the drive-through line?

Strange place to clear a weapon. Sounds like he had other intentions when pulling up to the window.

now, i've stopped at a rest stop over by a state line to unload, secure and pack away a firearm if I dont have a permit to carry in that state... but I don't think I've ever done that at a drive thru window... that's just kinda, well dumb.
Mental note to idiot, unloading the mag and pulling the trigger will clear the weapon... but there are better ways to do this while in a car.

Heres what really happened.

He had just left the range and his glock was dirty
He was on his way home and dreading having to clean the gun
He passes by a fast food restaurant and gets an idea
Restaurants have industrial dishwashers which would be perfect for cleaning his glock
He pulls into line and attempts to clear the weapon so he can pass it to the employee and have it cleaned

Boom!

[smile]

Heres what really happened.

He had just left the range and his glock was dirty
He was on his way home and dreading having to clean the gun
He passes by a fast food restaurant and gets an idea
Restaurants have industrial dishwashers which would be perfect for cleaning his glock
He pulls into line and attempts to clear the weapon so he can pass it to the employee and have it cleaned

Boom!

[smile]

and here i was thinkin glocks were supposed to be dirty. dont they work better that way? ive put like 5000 through mine before cleaning it just to see what would happen.

and here i was thinkin glocks were supposed to be dirty. dont they work better that way? ive put like 5000 through mine before cleaning it just to see what would happen.

I've not owned one and am not opposed to having one one day, but I have heard that burying them in sand for a long time is good for them....something like "True Grit" [grin]

Holding the pistol along his right leg to hide it from view, he chambers a round getting ready to point it at the window clerk and demand the contents of the register... only like I've seen people do a thousand times, he chambers the round with his finger resting comfortably on the trigger.

Back
Top Bottom