Maine State Champs this Weekend: Pre-Registration Required

EDITED::: Mistake in Title; Match is next Weekend 9/6 & 9/7

I was just browsing the Scarborough website http://www.scarfg.org/twiki/bin/view/Main/Rifle to see if pre-registration is required and it looks like it is required.

Match Program @ http://www.scarfg.org/twiki/pub/Mai...ber_6,_2014_Maine_State_Open_Championship.pdf
Registration Form @ http://www.scarfg.org/twiki/pub/Main/Rifle/SFG_Pre-Reg_Form_(r-2).pdf

I'll be heading up to shoot on Saturday only.

Anyone else planning on shooting it?

Last edited:
I clicked on this thinking "George must have had a couple pops at lunchtime or something, because the NEW HAMPSHIRE Champs are this weekend. He should know: he's the match director!".

I clicked on this thinking "George must have had a couple pops at lunchtime or something, because the NEW HAMPSHIRE Champs are this weekend. He should know: he's the match director!".

Between a lil old age setting in, being swamped at work, swamped at home and running matches I don't know if I'm coming or going 1/2 the time.

We have been having some good success down thus way recently at getting new shooters up and running.

Definately some up and coming talent to kick our @sses in matches down the road...
I'm happy to see it!!!

Hoping the weather holds up for the NH Champs and EIC at NFGA this weekend!!!
http://www.nfga.org/highpower/pdfs/2014_NFGA_HighPower_Schedule.pdf

I'm looking forward to the Maine Champs where I can just go and enjoy shooting.

Het Pat,

I found a great use for that nice piece of free plywood we got from the " plywood retard " in Erie PA on the way home from Perry.

I'll surprise you with it if I get a free minute at the NH Champs this Saturday....

Another excellent match hosted by Nashua Fish & Game!
47 shooters and not one alibi? WTF?

Another excellent match hosted by Nashua Fish & Game!
47 shooters and not one alibi? WTF?

Thanks Pat!
Goes to show NorthEast Hipo shooters have their shit together!

There were some fine scores shot... R Skowronski's probably had at work right now checking the math on the scorecards and typing up the match bulletin for me.

Thanks Rich! helping do that chore is GREATLY Appreciated!

Safety is ALWAYS #1... We try not to keep it too serious but serious enough to keep things running in a semi organized fashion and maybe even have a little fun at the same time....

We missed the 8am start by a few but I think we finished by around 2pm without rushing people too badly ( I think ).
It's hard to try to shoot and run a decent match at the same time but I hope those that attended were happy they decided to spend the day with us on the range at NFGA.

The Tilted Kilt after was icing on the cake...

I'm looking forward To the Maine State Champs this Saturday where I can just relax and shoot on a beautiful range with great people!!!

Last edited:
George,
Something going on with the NFGA website? I get a "forbidden" message when I try to get on the main page.

George,
Something going on with the NFGA website? I get a "forbidden" message when I try to get on the main page.

I just saw a note that they were having some server issues. http://www.nfga.org/ seems to work now.

I'm hoping to have the Champs Match results posted by Wed's or Thursday this week.

Dave Completed typing up the EIC results from Sunday so those should be posted soon.

We have a new webmaster we need to go thru to get things posted and that has been causing some delays.
Luckily We're all volunteers or they would cut our pay...

Dave, Rich and I will still be there this Saturday despite the unpopular range rules.
I think a few of the 1st year guys and maybe a few others will be heading up as well.

Some of them may not have pre-registered.
If not hopefully they don't get turned away.

Long range forecast looks good!

Last edited:
Pat,

Are there any other new rules you know of for this weekend besides the never elevate the muzzle rule that could be a surprise to us travelling up there this weekend?

I remember the year they announced at bolton 1/2 way thur 3 min prep for offhand that safety glasses were MANDATORY and if one person is caught shooting without them the whole range would be shut down. That really s^cked as all I had was sunglasses. Couldn't see sh!t and didn't have time to change to a bigger rear aperture till after offhand and sitting as I was relay 1...

Any early warnings you could give us for surprise new rules would be greatly appreciated.

I saw no mention of special rules in the match bulleting or anywhere on the website but it could be my vision is poor and I didn't read far and deep enough.

Thanks, George

There is a mandatory eye protection rule, but it will not be enforced.
There was an incident this past weekend about what constituted a "loaded rifle". I think that one has been taken care of; no worries.
The "no elevated muzzle with a loaded rifle" rule is still in effect and will be for the foreseeable future. There was a Rifle Committee meeting last night and these things were hashed out.

I scored a minor victory by getting the enforcement changed. I brought in the "all competitors are match officials" deal and hopefully any "safety" concerns (elevated muzzles, etc.) will be dealt with through the scorer of that shooter. Any officials with a beef will go tell the scorer to tell the shooter to keep the muzzle lowered. I figured it is much better to hear it from a fellow competitor than to be reamed out by a range nazi (safety officer).

Seriously though, more bitching has been done about this blue sky rule than is necessary. Don't raise the muzzle on a loaded rifle and it's not an issue.
I don't care how safe someone thinks it is or isn't; it's the rule and if we shoot there, we all have to obey it.

Don't raise the muzzle on a loaded rifle and it's not an issue.
I don't care how safe someone thinks it is or isn't; it's the rule and if we shoot there, we all have to obey it.

+1 on the above...
I know how it get's me going when people complain to me about NFGA Rules
(especially in the middle of a match... :) ) they don't like....

So I don't bitch about rules I don't like when I "choose" to shoot at other ranges.

In the end;
We all decide for ourselves where we invest our time and money into to travel to for matches.

PS: Looks like the thread title is correct now... :)

Last edited:
Registration form said:
Mail entries to:

I am unfamiliar with this "mail" technology. (And also this concept of a "check.") Is there another method for those of us who prefer the comforting blue glow of a computer screen? Can we just show up early like in previous years?

I am unfamiliar with this "mail" technology. (And also this concept of a "check.") Is there another method for those of us who prefer the comforting blue glow of a computer screen? Can we just show up early like in previous years?

Nobody will be turned away because they did not pre-register.

P.S. we don't have the internet up here yet.

I just saw a note that they were having some server issues. http://www.nfga.org/ seems to work now.

I'm hoping to have the Champs Match results posted by Wed's or Thursday this week.

Dave Completed typing up the EIC results from Sunday so those should be posted soon.

We have a new webmaster we need to go thru to get things posted and that has been causing some delays.
Luckily We're all volunteers or they would cut our pay...

Dave, Rich and I will still be there this Saturday despite the unpopular range rules.
I think a few of the 1st year guys and maybe a few others will be heading up as well.

Some of them may not have pre-registered.
If not hopefully they don't get turned away.

Long range forecast looks good!

Congrats to Tim F and Hank on getting points on Sunday! I don't know Reid, but congrats to him too!

Thank you Pat and congrats on your win.
I cannot make this weekend due to family commitments but I wish you all the best

Hank

Pat....thanks for helping to sort it out

I don't want it to sound like it's just me single-handedly making changes. There are a small core group (you know all of them) that is of the same mind as far as these things go.
Next month's meeting is going to be a barn-burner.

And so are the results from the EIC today. Cograts to Tim F.! Two weeks in a row!

On a side note: things didn't quite go as well as I had hoped on Saturday (running of the match, range safety nazi's, etc.). Actually, it was worse than it's ever been.
But, that might have been the catalyst to implement some real changes in the rules at SF&G.

Thanks to all that showed up!
I know some of you wouldn't have if I hadn't made a personal plea, so really: thank you.
We're working on it.

Last edited:
Pat: for what it's worth, I had planned on going (unfortunately the LF caliper on my truck seized up friday afternoon on my way home from work, HAD to get that fixed yesterday or I had no way of getting to work monday). I wish ya luck with the club politics....believe I know what its like to deal with that kind of crap.

And so are the results from the EIC today. Cograts to Tim F.! Two weeks in a row!

On a side note: things didn't quite go as well as I had hoped on Saturday (running of the match, range safety nazi's, etc.). Actually, it was worse than it's ever been.
But, that might have been the catalyst to implement some real changes in the rules at SF&G.

Thanks to all that showed up!
I know some of you wouldn't have if I hadn't made a personal plea, so really: thank you.
We're working on it.

I think that makes 28 for Tim. Lots of guys in the North East are very close - I think the stage at Perry is going to be pretty crowded next year.

Back
Top Bottom