• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Maine antlerless permits

wjsmall97

NES Member
What is up with the new permit system? I didn't get a permit when I applied, but now I see they have a second lottery with the zone I didn't receive one, so there weren't left over permits.

Those who "won the lottery" had until late September to purchase their antlerless permit ($14). This that weren't purchased were put back into the mix and offered on a first come, first serve basis.
Also, the antlerless permit allows you to use your regular tag for a buck, and the antlerless tag can be used for an additional deer (antlerless).

The entire system is new this year and it remains to be seen how it works out.

So even though they received more applications for the zone, they make you go into a first come first serve after 9 am, when everyone is working

Those who "won the lottery" had until late September to purchase their antlerless permit ($14). This that weren't purchased were put back into the mix and offered on a first come, first serve basis.
Also, the antlerless permit allows you to use your regular tag for a buck, and the antlerless tag can be used for an additional deer (antlerless).

The entire system is new this year and it remains to be seen how it works out.
Hope its not as bad as the MA AP shitshow......

Hope its not as bad as the MA AP shitshow......
At first I thought "Wow. The deer kill is really going to go up this year". But then I looked and saw there are 5000 permits up for grabs in my district (22). Deer are scarce in my dooryard this yard, but maybe not in the rest of the district.

At first I thought "Wow. The deer kill is really going to go up this year". But then I looked and saw there are 5000 permits up for grabs in my district (22). Deer are scarce in my dooryard this yard, but maybe not in the rest of the district.
What size doe are you looking for. I’m buried in them. Archery only.

Of course the website is crashing so I can’t even get on to attempt purchasing a doe permit. Not surprised since they just opened it up at 9am

Looks like they rescheduled the online permits to next Tuesday.
They did. Got them for two of my sons today. TOOK FOUR FRIGGIN HOURS. When I logged on there were over 10,000 ahead of me. They take them in order. Lots of zones sold out. We hunt from the deer camp in zone 23. They had 5000 permits available and there are still 4500 left. Wonder why? There are a lot of deer in that zone. My guys always tag out. Jack.

They did. Got them for two of my sons today. TOOK FOUR FRIGGIN HOURS. When I logged on there were over 10,000 ahead of me. They take them in order. Lots of zones sold out. We hunt from the deer camp in zone 23. They had 5000 permits available and there are still 4500 left. Wonder why? There are a lot of deer in that zone. My guys always tag out. Jack.
I’m in 13. Never get permits there

Yar. When I heard what was happening this year, I gave up on even finishing my hunting permit up here and decided to just wait till buy (hopefully) a camp next year.

Irony was, we were looking at Zone 23. Went to look at 14 acres up there this summer which had a good well survey.

Back
Top Bottom