mail order ammo getting easier?

SKS Ray

NES Member
I heard from someone that around the middle of this month (January) the restrictions of having ammo sent to Massachusetts are suposed to ease up a bit. I don't know if this means brass, primers, etc. or ammo itself but has anyone heard of this?
Being a C&R license holder I can get ammo from some vendors that have my C&R, along with driver's license and LTC on file, but i'm limited on selection as the big places that carry variety still won't take a chance.
I know this topic has been covered here already but is there anything new on it?

The only way that I could see this happening is if Tom Reilly up and quits. NOT likely to happen. And his successor (Martha Coakley) isn't likely to loosen things either.

There is a bill that was sent to committee (meaning DOA) that would have loosened this up (only for reloaders) by declaring components non-ammunition, but it is effectively dead unless some miracle happens and it gets reported out of committee as "ought to pass".

The only way I see this really happening is if some Fed court rules that Interstate Commerce means all states must allow commerce to happen. I don't see anyone stepping up to the plate to sue in Fed court and I'm not sure that there are enough conservative judges out there that will uphold interstate commerce against such evil devices as guns or ammo!

Back
Top Bottom