• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Magazine value

I got an M1A used a while back, it came with 2 20rd mags in plastic wrap over brown paper. The paper has markings "1969 MIL-P-3420B" and the plastic that wraps them is sealed and looks like it is original. I supposed these were new Military m14 mags and didnt touch them. Is there a value in these other than the fact that they are pre-ban 20 rnd mags??

Lee Emerson is literally an encyclopedia on the history and development of the M-14. One of his passions is mag-id. Collector value will depend on the collector. To me for instance, they have value locked into my M1A and dispensing 7.62x51. I bought some cherry, (seriously cherry) BRW-SI, (properly marked) - they were considered "collectors items". They are now in my range bag...[wink] Someone else however, may see them as something to be treasured. For me, they're something to be utilized...Here's some more info:

http://www.imageseek.com/m1a/book.html

Back
Top Bottom