• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Magazine problems

Hope that I am posting in the correct section. Two of my magazines occassionaly do not not feed properly. One is a factory magazine for my Mass compliant M&P 40 and the other a 22 caliper for my Ruger Mark II. The problem happens with different brands of ammo including hand loads.
I see nothing wrong with either one. What should I look for that may be causing the problem. Thanks.

what exactly is the feed issue?

I don't own either of those, but in general, I do the following when I have a mag issue:

1. take the mags apart, clean them thoroughly, look for any burrs or rough spots that could be dragging the follower.

2. compare the feed lips to working mags. Look for burrs on feed lips.

3. replace mag springs

Try seating your mags by slapping the rear side of the magazine fairly hard against your other palm. (Thats the see if its plugged in step). Then do what knoxy said. IDK you but cleaning your mags is important. Also you say you are having this problem with more than one pistol? Are you mixing ammo in the mags or shooting one whole brand /type at a time? There might be some other issues also. When you say feeding issues what exactly is happening are the slides not full cycling? Is the round notnstripping properly off the mag. More info please.

Sent from my SM-G928P using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom