Mag Madness

So I’ve been back into shooting for about 6 months now. My previous shooting days were in a free state (VA) where I did not suffer from the condition I am about to describe.

Living in Mass has afflicted me with “mag madness”. I am constantly on the prowl for pre-ban mags. I have been bitten by the classic economic bug “(perceived) scarcity in supply drives up demand”. I freakin’ hate it, both because it’s illogical and because it’s driven by stupid laws.

Is there any treatment for this condition? (You can skip the comments about moving to a free state. Those posts are tiresome.)

Right now I've got a brother down in South Carolina on the prowl for pre-bans for me. Every once in a while, he'll stumble across a 'grab bag' magazine basket in a gun shop and find a pre-ban. It's the best cure I've found. But it's slow. No one is looking for pre-bans down there and he usually can get them for cheap if the gun shop isn't into marking stuff up and marketing them to our select crowd.

Right now I've got a brother down in South Carolina on the prowl for pre-bans for me. Every once in a while, he'll stumble across a 'grab bag' magazine basket in a gun shop and find a pre-ban. It's the best cure I've found. But it's slow. No one is looking for pre-bans down there and he usually can get them for cheap if the gun shop isn't into marking stuff up and marketing them to our select crowd.

That's only a treatment not a cure. The only "cure" is to move about 60 miles north.

This is but a minor affliction. Brush it off. After a little while you will come down with GAS - most of us have had GAS for years....Gun Acquisition Syndrome. There is no cure that I am aware of other that poverty.

Welcome back to the MA shooting community.

This is but a minor affliction. Brush it off. After a little while you will come down with GAS - most of us have had GAS for years....Gun Acquisition Syndrome. There is no cure that I am aware of other that poverty.

Yes I've experienced the onset of GAS in the past few months, followed by distinct GAS pains that are relieved only by emptying my wallet.

Welcome back to the MA shooting community.

Thanks. It's good to be here.

Back
Top Bottom