• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

MA Residents- EFA10’s are a registry.

I was always under the impression that Massachusetts did not have an immediately accessible registry but I was listening to the police scanner today and heard the following:

“He has an LTC out of peabody. Suspect has 3 firearms registered under his name, including a .45 caliber Sig.”

Does LEO now have access to everything efa10’d by ltc holders?

Found that very interesting. (Can’t wait for the “why I don’t register my build” comments)

Edit: Mods- Lock thread lol.

Last edited:
Sorry to say being the law abiding citizens and responsible gun owner's we all are in Ma. The cops know what we have if its been reported / registered in Ma. through FFL or the portal since 1998 ?? and blue card before that.

I was always under the impression that Massachusetts did not have an immediately accessible registry but I was listening to the police scanner today and heard the following:

“He has an LTC out of peabody. Suspect has 3 firearms registered under his name, including a .45 caliber Sig.”

Found that very interesting. (Can’t wait for the “why I don’t register my build” comments)
Now? It's always been that way for over a decade.

So this is why the last time I got pulled over it took 30 min for the cop to approach me, he had to listen to 30 min of what “I own”….

He asked me if there was any weapons on me? I said, do you have another 30 min?

Got a warning…
I got. "Dude why do you have so many f***ing guns?"

Me: "I wish I still had all those guns. Reality is I have about 20% of what you saw" 🤣

I can flex better with all the guns I’ve sold that they think I still have.

Going to up my time to 45 min…
Hysterical.

It's not a real registry because there are MANY MANY ways that you can lawfully dispose of a gun without the state knowing.

there are also many many way you can lawfully own a gun that the state does not know about.

Edit: Mods- Lock thread lol.
Wonder what the stop was about? Interesting they would call out how many guns. And Specifically a 45 Sig. that’s just a caliber not a model of gun.

Yes they know everything that was in your name. Whether you own it now or not.
I’ve been stopped twice and had an 2 accidents never been asked about weapons. Had to tell one cop I was carrying because of the way the conversation went after the accident. Had to sit in the back of his car until my ride showed up. He said ya I see you have a few.

Last edited:
So I got pulled over tonight, not doing anything odd, not speeding, no lights out, nothing.

"We are stopping every third car - sobriety thing"

Go through the motions, DL, Reg,, where are you coming from, anything to drink. (Here they are, volunteering with a high school team, nothing stronger than coffee and Mt. Dew) cop walks away.

Comes back 15(ish) minutes later "How is the G20c treating you? What about the P226 Legion?"

I replied "all good, nothing on me, been at a school all day"

He replied -" have a great night, love to shoot your oddball stuff if we are at the same club someday"

So I got pulled over tonight, not doing anything odd, not speeding, no lights out, nothing.

"We are stopping every third car - sobriety thing"

Go through the motions, DL, Reg,, where are you coming from, anything to drink. (Here they are, volunteering with a high school team, nothing stronger than coffee and Mt. Dew) cop walks away.

Comes back 15(ish) minutes later "How is the G20c treating you? What about the P226 Legion?"

I replied "all good, nothing on me, been at a school all day"

He replied -" have a great night, love to shoot your oddball stuff if we are at the same club someday"
Ha. 226 legion sao? Have one. Incredible.

So this is why the last time I got pulled over it took 30 min for the cop to approach me, he had to listen to 30 min of what “I own”….

He asked me if there was any weapons on me? I said, do you have another 30 min?

Got a warning…
Should have just said Chris from NES and saved 29min.

I had a cute rookie give me a ticket and never mentioned gunz. I said a warning would be fine but she balked. Then I realized my Trump hat was on the passenger seat. Thanks brandon.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom