MA no restrictions - Finally!

I'm really excited today as this has been a LONG time coming! I went through the process nearly 20 years ago, and took the NRA handgun course, but never went through with the application process, because of the requirements at the time. On the application they asked for something like 3 letters written by members not of your family that would speak to your suitability to keep, and bear firearms.[rolleyes] In addition they wanted some sort of essay type response describing your purpose for wanting it.[rolleyes]again! That seems to have been changed since then, lucky for me, because the new form was very straightforward. I took the class near the end of October, and after many weeks of watching the days count down on my desk calender, I decided to place a call to the pd today. They told me that it was in fact there, and already activated, so "come and get it"! That really made my day, and felt I needed to share! I should have been able to do this long ago, but just did not feel good about asking other people outside of my family to stick their necks on the line to "recommend" that I be able to carry a gun! Thankfully, they got rid of that stupid (and probably un-Constitutional) requirement![grin]

And before anyone says it... yes, I plan to become green very soon![wink]

Ahhhh! Just in time for the Holidays! I suggest you treat yourself to a new carry gun and holster and some accessories and lots of ammo and a gun club membership and.... well you get the picture.

Your next post will be handgun recommendations so I will save you the trouble.... It doesn't matter! Your gonna buy a few more soon anyway. That's how it goes. You have to have a couple Sigs, a couple nice revolvers, a nice compact auto and ofcourse a 1911.

Happy Shooting!

Thanks for all the kind encouragement! I can't wait to do some serious shopping now that I can do more than browse the cases! I'm definitely going to buy decent carry piece soon, and have been planning to build an AR for a very long time, so that is on my short list! Getting the wife fully on board is probably my biggest obstacle at this point. I do have her talked into taking the basic handgun course after Christmas, though, so at least it's a start.[wink] She will be taking it with our 21 year old son, and I will probably go and sit in for awhile just for the heck of it. I think that once I can get her to the range, she will love it, she just has the usual fears based on ignorance that I've been trying to work through.[smile]

Back
Top Bottom