• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

MA LTC Question

3 trips back and forth and at least an hour and a half. I went Wed. morning and they turned me away because they were "too busy" but they were nice about it so I gave them the benefit. I went back at 6 and got the ball rolling, but I had to run back to the office to get some other documents they wanted to prove I owned a business in town (when I explicitly requested months ago what they would need for proof. And they told me the wrong thing.). What a hassle.

No, they're at least refunding the $100 since the application didn't even leave the office... As we speak I'm waiting for an officer to drop it off...

Yeah. I'm thankful for that at least. It's just really frustrating... Especially seeing that the #1 item on the very first page of the WPD packet states "You must apply at the Police Department of the Massachusetts city or town in which you are a resident or business owner."

One would think they'd revise that...

Oh, and did I mention Spfld PD only accepts apps M-F 8:30am-1pm? I guess I'm supposed to take a day off for this...

mdh said:
Yeah. I'm thankful for that at least. It's just really frustrating... Especially seeing that the #1 item on the very first page of the WPD packet states "You must apply at the Police Department of the Massachusetts city or town in which you are a resident or business owner."

One would think they'd revise that...

Oh, and did I mention Spfld PD only accepts apps M-F 8:30am-1pm? I guess I'm supposed to take a day off for this...

Not all towns refuse a business owner. Some of them actually follow the law and will issue an ALP A.

Lynne said:
Not all towns refuse a business owner. Some of them actually follow the law and will issue an ALP A.

Amen for that!!

The kicker is that this is a page typed up by WPD!! It has a bunch of other "town specific" info on it.

Maybe he just didn't like my pictures. :?

Well... went down to SPD yesterday and spent a good 2hrs doing it ALLLL over again. :? During the "interview" the LT basically read all my materials over and asked me a few questions about my reason letter for the ALP. Seemed to go okay... Then i had to wait about 45 minutes for printing. They hired 10 new people and had to process all of them before me. [evil] At the end of it all the clerk said to expect notification in about 2 months. Wonderful...

I'll warn you now... the wait is maddening... It's only been 1.5weeks since I applied and I'm about to crawl out of my skin... I'm not normally impatient, but the wait is gettin' to me...

matt said:
I'll warn you now... the wait is maddening... It's only been 1.5weeks since I applied and I'm about to crawl out of my skin... I'm not normally impatient, but the wait is gettin' to me...

I think that's something we can all relate to. Take a deeeeeeep breath in - hold it for a second or two, then sloooooowly let it out. Repeat until your heart rate, BP, etc. return to normal. Then find a good book to read. :D [wink]

Back
Top Bottom