MA hiring predator control for summer

FYI

MA state division of fish and wildlife is hiring a person with a LTC to cull bird population on some lonely islands offshore.

Job posting is active and requires a LTC, and 3 references who can attest to the applicants firearm ability.

A friend did this with Muskrats on one of the island. Bad inter agency coordination resulted in a police chopper swooping down and demanding he explain himself. He was doing the elimination with a .22.

A friend did this with Muskrats on one of the island. Bad inter agency coordination resulted in a police chopper swooping down and demanding he explain himself. He was doing the elimination with a .22.

This is a known problem....when did ED-209 cause all that trouble? Have we learned nothing? [laugh]

The job mentions living at a field camp for 3 days to 3 weeks at a time. The pay might not be so low if it pays for all time on the job, including sleeping time (like firefighting shifts). You also get a fancy title "Predator control technician" and the title is in the "Scientists" category:

[FONT=&amp]
Official Title: Scientists
Primary Location: United States-Massachusetts-Westborough-Rabbit Hill Road
Job: Science
Agency: Department of Fish And Game
Schedule: Full-time
Shift: Multiple
Job Posting: Feb 7, 2017, 2:34:26 PM
Number of Openings: 1
Salary: 11.00 - 15.00 Hourly
If you have Diversity, Affirmative Action or Equal Employment Opportunity questions or need a Reasonable Accommodation, please contact Diversity Officer / ADA Coordinator: Johanna Zabriskie - 617-626-1599
Bargaining Unit: Non
[/FONT]

Just think, you could probably claim your gun and ammo purchases for the year as business expenses on your taxes! (No idea if that's actually true, but it's a nice thought )

LTC - we can shoot em with pistols????

I'm strapping my Ruger MkIII to my semi-autonomous flying machine. It'll be a Predator Drone!

you get to eat what you kill. that's how you have to survive out there for three days at a time.

Back in the '60s, a local pig farmer would hand me a double barrel shotgun and a few boxes of shells to shoot as many pigeons as I could.

I would shoot dozens every time I went out, and then fed them to the pigs.

Fun times!

Predator control technician sounds like a fancy way to say drone pilot

Not sure if $15 and hour is worth it....

thumb-1920-281324.jpg

Back
Top Bottom