MA compliant SIG 556 request thread...

Collectors Guns near Woburn has a huge picture of a Sig 556 with the words "MA LEGAL MODEL HERE NOW" in bold on their homepage [grin]

http://www.collectorsguns.com/

They also have the FS 2000 and PS 90. You can order a Steyr AUG clone too, such as a TPD AXR or MSAR

Last edited:
Here is mine. I bought it at Collector's Guns in Stoneham. Great rifle. Crappy optics.

sig241.jpg

It's their own thing. It's the civilian model of the rifle issued to the Swiss military. The one that every Swiss male between 18 and 30 is required to keep in his house (and can keep when he is discharged).

Hmmm
thinking of getting one of these, shot my m4 today and choked on fumes all day. I would think these would run pretty clean due to the piston?

I might contemplate one if they made an "ma neutered" version that had the 556 SWAT forend on it instead of that plastic thing they try calling a forend. [grin]

-Mike

Honestly, the original, full length Sig 550 is my dream 5.56 EGR. The Swiss know what they're doing in terms of making small arms.

Sig is indeed interested in MA. I had a chat with Eric VonBosse (their marketing manager) in Tulsa a few weeks ago, and confirmed this in directly - although our conversation focused on handguns, not rifles.

Sig is indeed interested in MA. I had a chat with Eric VonBosse (their marketing manager) in Tulsa a few weeks ago, and confirmed this in directly - although our conversation focused on handguns, not rifles.

I don't suppose he said anything about the P250 in MA friendly form did he?

MA Compliant SIG 556

Glad to hear that SIG plans a run of compliant rifles. Just in case they don't end up making them, State Line Gun Shop in Mason, NH will convert a standard 556 to MA compliant configuration for $125. This includes welding on a muzzlebrake, cutting off the bayonet attachment point, and pinning the stock. In fact, we will make up almost any "assault rifle" to MA legal configuration for the cost of the gunsmith work.

Back
Top Bottom