• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

M625 Barrel Length Question

I read the topic below concerning general questions about .45 ACP revolvers. I have a more specific question.

I am considering a M625 for informal target shooting (plinking) - not defense or competition. The factory offers two barrel lengths, four and five inch.

Here's the advice I seek: Is there a difference in the way the revolver handles, such as balance, and whether one barrel length is more pleasant to shoot than the other?
Any other comments welcome.

JT

I read the topic below concerning general questions about .45 ACP revolvers. I have a more specific question.

I am considering a M625 for informal target shooting (plinking) - not defense or competition. The factory offers two barrel lengths, four and five inch.

Here's the advice I seek: Is there a difference in the way the revolver handles, such as balance, and whether one barrel length is more pleasant to shoot than the other?
Any other comments welcome.

JT

I have used 4" and 5" quite a bit. There is very little difference in handling characteristics but the added one inch does make a great difference in sight radius. Why? I really don't know but that is my expereince.

Loads Chrono real close from both, recoil is about the same, draw and handling is about the same. For longer shots, I preferred the 5" to the 4". My 6.5" 25-2 is a whole different matter. Much less recoil and I can even see the front sight without prescription shooting glasses (Although it does me no good[wink] )

Buy the one you will be most comfortable with. The 4" is allowed in both IDPA and USPSA as well as Steel Challenge so that will give you more uses than just plinking.

Good luck,

Back
Top Bottom