M44 Carbine?

38ExtraSpecial

NES Member
hey guys.

i've been looking into one of these for a fun little gun. what are the chances of finding one in good condition? anything i should look for? thanks a ton in advance guys

So you're a big fan of recoil and throwing a massive fireball every time you light off a round eh?

M44 in any condition is worth the money. Check with Collector's firearms in Pelham NH, they usually have an assload of Mosins of all varieties and flavors. Last time I bought one (2006) it cost me $75 and it was a Russian rearsenaled version with a laminated stock.

There were some at the Holbrook show yesterday. They are pretty plentiful, so you should be able to fine them at just about any show.

If you have a C&R license, there are on line dealers that will ship to you. Unfortunately, few will ship to MA, and there is a forum rule against divulging the names.

hundred bucks, all over. Closest to nb, i would see if marc has anymore at zero hour. I bet he has some. Cant beat the gun for 100 bucks. can get 700 rds of milsurp ammo for 70 bucks too.

A mosin nagant, everyone should have at least one!

yeah i hear ya... can't give away the good names.

so the arsenal re finished is the one to go for then?

whats the deal with the ones that come packed in cosmolene (SP?) are those from the arsenal?

yeah who doesn't love recoil and fireballs? isn't that the reason we all do this?

not as good as the ol 45-70 but it'll have to do

hundred bucks, all over. Closest to nb, i would see if marc has anymore at zero hour. I bet he has some. Cant beat the gun for 100 bucks. can get 700 rds of milsurp ammo for 70 bucks too.

A mosin nagant, everyone should have at least one!

I prefer to have an M44, 91/30, and any other version I can get my hands on. At least with the 91/30 you can bayonet someone from about 7 feet away.[smile]

i still need to go there and check them out. sounds like a nice shop.

i can only hope he wants to trade a a mosin for a custom knife... that always help[smile][wink]

yeah i hear ya... can't give away the good names.

so the arsenal re finished is the one to go for then?

whats the deal with the ones that come packed in cosmolene (SP?) are those from the arsenal?

yeah who doesn't love recoil and fireballs? isn't that the reason we all do this?

not as good as the ol 45-70 but it'll have to do

Most of the Russians you'll find have been rearsenaled. there will be a square box with a line diagonally through it if it has been rearsenaled.

Providing you can find one, I'd drop the extra cash on a Finn Mosin.

man now i'm dying to get one. you just can't go wrong... a functional gun.... for 100 bucks..... cheap ammo.... man that's better than going out and buying a new model 700 bolt action in .308 huh?

a little different but for my intents and purposes... much better

It's not easy to imagine a better purchase for the money. I never had a passion for bolt action rifles of any kind - let alone milsurps. Then on a whim, I spent $75.00 on one of the nicest M-44's I have ever seen. I mean, this rifle was cherry - absolutely beautiful. I am now officially hooked. I bought a 91/30 in the green members group buy and love it. However, my M-44 is absolutely my favorite. Buy, buy, buy! [cheers]

Well, make with the pictures already for those of us who haven't seen it!

imagine one thats been use as a baseball bat, smashed through windshields and shot till it was dangerously hot about 10 times.

it'll be at the pumpkin shoot

im sure its on its way out. it shoots a little funny, it always shoots low, its really weird. the sights on it dont have any damage at all on them.

im thinking about putting a AR stock on that bad boy. ray's going to send me a death threat for it

My last M44 was last cleaned in Berlin in 1945.

On a side note though, clean the cosmoline off the outside before ya shoot it first, liquid cosmoline BURNS.

Oh, and ask TeleMark what it's like to be between myself and MrTwigg when we both have M44s.

im thinking about putting a AR stock on that bad boy. ray's going to send me a death threat for it

[rofl]

The dude hits what he's aiming at - even with his favorite Czech Silver Tip [wink]

Dench's M-44 is a work of art in it's own way and is the only bolt action rifle I've seen that was fixing to catch fire...[grin]

I think it's actually an M38, but same thing.

I'd love to do that to one of mine but I'm in a red town, so I doubt I'd get the signoff on a Form 1. I do plan to abuse my shooter M44, though, after seeing just how much it can take.

Back
Top Bottom