M39 rear band sling swivel Question

mac1911

NES Member
What is the size difference on the inside circumference of the M39 rear band vs the 91/30

Im trying to retrofit a sling swivel location on a 91/30. I want to shoot with a sling for support and Pulling down on that skinny portion of the 91/30 stock is not a good option.
So I can either find a cheap rear band for the 91/30 and weld a sling loop on or I can see if there are any rear bands that may fit the 91/30.

Would be nice if there was an option like the K31, which can use the K11 band that will put the sling loop on the bottom.

Why not 'go legit' and use the leather sling loop strap for the Mosins? You'd need one in good shape and could not yank the hell out of it. Agree that a metal loop would be better. Tonight I can compare height and width at the edges of the bands with calipers, at least see the difference between the M44 and M39.

Would be nice if there was an option like the K31, which can use the K11 band that will put the sling loop on the bottom.

Why not 'go legit' and use the leather sling loop strap for the Mosins? You'd need one in good shape and could not yank the hell out of it. Agree that a metal loop would be better. Tonight I can compare height and width at the edges of the bands with calipers, at least see the difference between the M44 and M39.

i will use the 91/30 sling if need be. Did the last match i shot with it. I still need to find the band for the K31

Back
Top Bottom