• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

M1 Garands & M1 Carbines are here

Joined
Dec 27, 2005
Messages
405
Likes
1
Location
northeast
Feedback: 0 / 0 / 0
Yup its true Mr. Bush has over ridden Slick Willy on his import ban on the american lend lease arms so we have just received some korean garands and carbines. We should see them offered soon but the prices i'm not sure about yet. The place in VT/Fla. will have them.
 
BigBill said:
Yup its true Mr. Bush has over ridden Slick Willy on his import ban on the american lend lease arms so we have just received some korean garands and carbines. We should see them offered soon but the prices i'm not sure about yet. The place in VT/Fla. will have them.
Where did you find/hear this?
 
Uh-oh... this is bad. I fired an M1 carbine at the NES shoot - there's another gun with a high giggle factor. I get a feeling my MN will have to wait...
 
M1911 said:
What place is that? Details, please.

Picture a big giant billboard import stamp possibly right over some original markings on the rifle's receiver.

897b10b2.jpg
 
Hmm, that mark is on my Yugo. Always wondered what the deal was. 10 seconds in Google did the trick. So do must milsurps come into the US through big distributers and then go to smaller dealers like where I bouight my SKS from?
 
tele_mark said:
Hmm, that mark is on my Yugo. Always wondered what the deal was. 10 seconds in Google did the trick. So do must milsurps come into the US through big distributers and then go to smaller dealers like where I bouight my SKS from?

It seems that way, with CAI being one of the biggest importers.

Now for a totally stupid question. Is either rifle C&R eligible?
 
BigBill said:
Yup its true Mr. Bush has over ridden Slick Willy on his import ban on the american lend lease arms so we have just received some korean garands and carbines. We should see them offered soon but the prices i'm not sure about yet. The place in VT/Fla. will have them.

Why private importers and not the CMP?

Note that it brought in both Danish and Greek Garands last year.
 
The Imports are Coming !!!

The CMP does no importing. The rifles they sell were on loan by the US Gov. to various countrys . The were returned to US Army depots and than distributed to the CMP as GI surplus for resale to fund CMP shooting programs. They are 100% GI or to GI standards.
The "wonderful" imports by companys like the mentioned "Vermont" company are often made up of of substandard parts and castings , that can be worn surplus , poor castings and foreign manufactured parts, assembled in the importers shops, or outside of the country. You get what you payfor. They will function thats all thats required.
 
ALL firearms over 50 years old Pilgrim? I could use a nice Ma Duece or two in the back of the pickup truck I have yet to buy...now THAT would be milsurp heaven for me[smile] But in all seriousness and somewhat back on topic, I've been looking for a nice worn and beat up Garand to do a .308 Tanker conversion on.
 
Nashmack said:
ALL firearms over 50 years old Pilgrim? I could use a nice Ma Duece or two in the back of the pickup truck I have yet to buy...now THAT would be milsurp heaven for me[smile] But in all seriousness and somewhat back on topic, I've been looking for a nice worn and beat up Garand to do a .308 Tanker conversion on.

From what I've heard (and IANAL, so...) there are C&R machine guns. They're just as rare as non C&R machine guns (read: just as expensive) and you still need the machine gun license (in MA) and the BATFE stamp (anywhere).
 
Jay G said:
From what I've heard (and IANAL, so...) there are C&R machine guns. They're just as rare as non C&R machine guns (read: just as expensive) and you still need the machine gun license (in MA) and the BATFE stamp (anywhere).

NFA C&R list...

SECTION IV: National Firearms Act Weapons Classified As Curios Or Relics Under 18 U.S.C. Chapter 44

The Bureau has determined that the following National Firearms Act weapons are curios or relics as defined in 27 CFR 178.11 because of their dates of manufacture. These National Firearms Act weapons, classified as curios or relics, are still subject to all the controls under the National Firearms Act. However, licensed collectors may acquire, hold, or dispose of them as curios or relics subject to the provisions of 18 U.S.C. Chapter 44 and 27 CFR Part 178. They are still "firearms" as defined in the National Firearms Act and 18 U.S.C. Chapter 44.


http://www.atf.treas.gov/firearms/curios/sec4.htm
 
Back
Top Bottom