M&P Trigger Job

The work Lou does is different than Remsports. Lou does an actual trigger job... Like the kind involving real gunsmithing. Remsport is just taking APEX parts and installing them. They arent the same thing. Don't have an apex trigger so i cant comment on that but i know Lou does awesome work.

Question for BEC:

I bought an M&P9 used. The seller said it had a trigger job done by a local gunsmith. I dry fired it before buying and I know it did have work done on it but now that I've shot it a bunch I'm not really happy with it. I fired an M&P with a BEC trigger job and the difference was huge. Would it be the same cost to have this one done over?

Question for BEC:

I bought an M&P9 used. The seller said it had a trigger job done by a local gunsmith. I dry fired it before buying and I know it did have work done on it but now that I've shot it a bunch I'm not really happy with it. I fired an M&P with a BEC trigger job and the difference was huge. Would it be the same cost to have this one done over?

That's too bad. Lou does such nice work, and this says a lot when you feel a trigger done by someone else! If I had an M&P, BEC would be my first call. Hopefully your 9 will get fixed, the trigger is god awful on those guns.

I don't want to speak for Lou, but just a few weeks ago he did my M&P 9 for $70 and it was worth every penny. IMO it turned an unusable weapon into a sweet shooter.

I thought it might cost more actually. A mechanic I used to go to had a sign for labor rates:

Labor: 60.00
If you watch: 70.00
If you worked on it first 80.00

Last edited:
Question for BEC:

All depends on what was done & if it needs new parts for me to do my action work on it.

Trigger Job on a MA "Compliant" M&P9 that had a 10lb+ trigger ( closer to 11lbs). Lighten to a bit over 5lbs with a slightly shorter reset with audible "click" and all grittiness removed..

my buddy and i have new m&p9's and might be interested in having trigger jobs done at the marlborough show this weekend, is that possible ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Just got my M&Pc back from B.E.C. from having the trigger done and sites installed. Makes a whole world of difference in the gun. Not too handy so I wasn't ready to jump into the APEX DIY world. But for $50 I figured why not.

Should have done this last year when I bought it. No grit at all in the trigger pull, noticeably shorter reset, and is how the trigger should be.

First time dealing with BEC but it won't be my last.

I just had Lou @ Business End Customs do a trigger job on my S&W SHIELD 9mm AND on my S&W M-640 .357

Really great guy,
Fast turn around time,
Very reasonably priced!
And SWEET job on both Triggers!

I would highly recommend him! And I WILL be bringing more guns to him in the future!

**update**

Just got back from the range with both guns.

What a difference! A Big Thank You to Lou!!!

Last edited:
Had Lou do a trigger job on my M&P9 and it is like a completely different gun. Great guy, really easy to deal with and can't recommended his work highly enough.

Back
Top Bottom