M&P Trigger Job

Trigger Job on a MA "Compliant" M&P9 that had a 10lb+ trigger ( closer to 11lbs). Lighten to a bit over 5lbs with a slightly shorter reset with audible "click" and all grittiness removed..

Last edited by a moderator:
And also, are you open tomorrow? About how long does the trigger job take? Is it something you do while people wait or leave it for a couple days?

Nice. Been thinking of doing this to my M&P...just not sure of I want to drop the coin at the moment. At least I know where to go now.

OP, pm sent.

Anyone have an opinion on trigger job vs apex parts kit? While I don't think my new m&p was as bad as I was expecting ( not anywhere near as bad as my SR9!!!) It does need some help.

I think it is a good idea to do (or have done) a trigger job using after market parts. If you send your M&P back to S&W for warranty work they will remove all non S&W parts. Better to save the original parts for such an occasion.

OP, pm sent.

Anyone have an opinion on trigger job vs apex parts kit? While I don't think my new m&p was as bad as I was expecting ( not anywhere near as bad as my SR9!!!) It does need some help.

I think it is a good idea to do (or have done) a trigger job using after market parts. If you send your M&P back to S&W for warranty work they will remove all non S&W parts. Better to save the original parts for such an occasion.

They will not remove those parts unless they're related to the problem. For example, if your front sight is falling off, they will not remove your Apex kit.

OP, pm sent.

I dropped my gun off on Sunday and Lou thought I would have it back around Wednesday. You're welcome to shoot mine after I get it back!

They will not remove those parts unless they're related to the problem. For example, if your front sight is falling off, they will not remove your Apex kit.

I have heard otherwise. Why take the chance? Save the original parts and do your mods with aftermarket parts.

Decided (after much advice from a few fellow NES members) to go with Lou for my M&P trigger job. Dropped it off Saturday and look toward to getting the phone call to go back and get it

Dan

Decided (after much advice from a few fellow NES members) to go with Lou for my M&P trigger job. Dropped it off Saturday and look toward to getting the phone call to go back and get it

Dan

Let me know how you like it, id love to feel the difference too. I want to have one done on my full size as well.

Lou does decent work...been a friend for more than a few years now

plus, how can ya possibly fault a guy who rocks out to Billy Joel while he's working on guns

Got my m&p back from business end and finally got away from work long enough to put a few hundred rounds through it. WOW! WHY DID I WAIT SO LONG!

5lbs, no grit, consistent clean break, tactile and audible reset, and over $50 less than an apex kit with RAM after installation. My M&P is now fixed, and is truly a respectable firearm now.

Thanks Lou!

Lou did the trigger on my full size M&P .40. Liked it so much I'm going to have it done on my compact. He does excellent work.

I figured I'd add a few pictures to show the difference between standard trigger & competition trigger and also a vid . I tried to do it with one hand so please forgive the rookie video.
Standard trigger
2012-03-13131332.jpg

"Comp" trigger
2012-03-13131311.jpg

Trigger in action
[video=youtube_share;T1FdsrwSyd4]http://youtu.be/T1FdsrwSyd4[/video]

Removing the trigger safety is illegal in IDPA and in the Production division of USPSA. It seems to be a gray area in USPSA Limited and Open, but likely not legal. I'm not sure what competitions it might be usable in.

Back
Top Bottom