M&P compensator

Stated making some comps for the M&P 9. What do you think of the shape? The finished ones will be black.

nybu6eru.jpg
8eduve2a.jpg
de5yquqa.jpg

Thanks guys, I wanted a comp that would fit on the factory and storm lake threaded barrels. I intended it to be used with factory loads and I hope it will provide enough recoil suppression for faster follow up shots.

Not sure the nine makes enough gas to make one work efficiently.

Tell that to all the guys running 9 major in USPSA open.
Even at minor load levels, the right powder charge will work a comp, usually one with fewer chambers than one made for a major load

those baffles don't look like they will last very long. Also make sure the is a gap between the comp and the slide

I think with the hard coat they will stand up fairly well. There's just enough gap to allow the barrel to unlock. Sending them out for hard anodizing on Monday and hope to try it out next week.

Do you also have the carver barrel to go with it?

storm lake
I made a spacer to fill in the gap between the comp and the slide. I also installed a set screw and dimpled the barrel so I don't have to use loc-tite on the barrel threads. The comp and barrel were purchased as blemishes, the comp was silver anodized, I put some krylon on it. cheapskate blaster!

storm lake
I made a spacer to fill in the gap between the comp and the slide. I also installed a set screw and dimpled the barrel so I don't have to use loc-tite on the barrel threads. The comp and barrel were purchased as blemishes, the comp was silver anodized, I put some krylon on it. cheapskate blaster!

Nice job on the spacer. I put set screws in the bottom of mine also. I did not like the idea of just locktite holding it from rotating.

I put 100 rounds thru the comp this weekend and I'm very happy with the results. There was considerably less muzzle rise. No cracking of the baffles. The baffles are more rugged than they appear in the photo. I will have to try the next ones on my .40

Back
Top Bottom