LYMAN TURBO CASE CLEANER COMPOSITION OR SUBSTITUTE PRODUCT?

Bendad97

Banned
Any of you here who have seen my brass know how I like to get it looking. I recently came in to some .44-40 that was perfect, except for the fact that it was stained with some sort of wood glue. I was able to get the stuff off by tumbling first, then giving it a bath in the Lyman Turbo Case Cleaner, and tumbling again.
That being said, the stuff is ungodly expensive. I have been re-using it, but after a while it will be useless. Does anyone here know of a similar substitute product?

Will those safety data sheets tell you what's in the cleaner? I used to clean small parts at work in a small sonic cleaner. We used hot water and simple green? I tumble my brass so cant help any further.

Try salt water and lemon juice.

I've used this stuff to clean my coffee pot and Stanley thermos. http://www.amazon.com/KAF-TAN-Coffee-Cleaner-Remover-Packet/dp/B000RZLIFE I run it though the coffee pot with a filter then pour it into the thermos and let it sit overnight. The thermos comes out shining like it was polished. It is 95¢ at Market Basket. I don't know how it reacts with brass. Test it on some junk brass first if you dare try it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom