• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

LYMAN TURBO CASE CLEANER COMPOSITION OR SUBSTITUTE PRODUCT?

Bendad97

Banned
Any of you here who have seen my brass know how I like to get it looking. I recently came in to some .44-40 that was perfect, except for the fact that it was stained with some sort of wood glue. I was able to get the stuff off by tumbling first, then giving it a bath in the Lyman Turbo Case Cleaner, and tumbling again.
That being said, the stuff is ungodly expensive. I have been re-using it, but after a while it will be useless. Does anyone here know of a similar substitute product?

Will those safety data sheets tell you what's in the cleaner? I used to clean small parts at work in a small sonic cleaner. We used hot water and simple green? I tumble my brass so cant help any further.

Try salt water and lemon juice.

I've used this stuff to clean my coffee pot and Stanley thermos. http://www.amazon.com/KAF-TAN-Coffee-Cleaner-Remover-Packet/dp/B000RZLIFE I run it though the coffee pot with a filter then pour it into the thermos and let it sit overnight. The thermos comes out shining like it was polished. It is 95¢ at Market Basket. I don't know how it reacts with brass. Test it on some junk brass first if you dare try it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom