• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Lunenburg man facing charges for shooting at 3 people...

"The revolver, the police reported, was fully loaded." [rolleyes] Oh the humanity!

Interesting, after firing multiple rounds at the fleeing vehicle, the police find a fully loaded black powder revolver on the stairs with a single round ball beside it. Did he do a tactical reload? No! They found a second revolver with only one chamber loaded! So... he had the first gun loaded safely with five rounds and the hammer down on an empty chamber. Fired four shots at the fleeing miscreants, did a New York reload (switched to the backup) and retreated to his house where he loaded the sixth, empty chamber on the second gun. Tacticool as hell. [laugh] [mg]

It is. MGL Chp 269 Sec 10, paragraph J. Its friggin bizarre, and certainly reeks of ambiguity, because of the "smoothbore arm" verbage.
Though I know this exists, Ive yet to see any decisions come down in regards to someone charged with it. Basically, you could use this one to charge someone with an airsoft gun on school grounds, but Im unaware of it being done, that is why I keep whining about getting a cite.

- - - Updated - - -

Ah ha! So it is because: Massachusetts.

MGL 269 10, paragraph J

Ah ha! So it is because: Massachusetts.

Interesting, after firing multiple rounds at the fleeing vehicle, the police find a fully loaded black powder revolver on the stairs with a single round ball beside it. Did he do a tactical reload? No! They found a second revolver with only one chamber loaded! So... he had the first gun loaded safely with five rounds and the hammer down on an empty chamber. Fired four shots at the fleeing miscreants, did a New York reload (switched to the backup) and retreated to his house where he loaded the sixth, empty chamber on the second gun. Tacticool as hell. [laugh] [mg]

That is tacticool.

I am not an expert on all cap and ball revolvers, but mine has a slot between the caps to rest the hammer, so you can have all the chambers loaded with the hammer down and when you cock it, the cylinder only turns slightly to align the cap with the hammer. Cool design. I believe most are built this way so there is no need to leave one empty for safety.

Back
Top Bottom