Lunenburg man facing charges for shooting at 3 people...

...after drug and sex-for-hire deal goes bad.

Ok, you'd think this is a normal gun story, right?

NOPE!

http://www.sentinelandenterprise.co...ng-charges-shooting-at-3-people#ixzz4TcAgNubr

LUNENBURG -- A Lancaster Avenue man is facing charges that he fired his black-powder pistol at three people and caused their vehicle to crash in what court documents describe as a drugs and sex-for-hire deal gone bad.

Without prompting or answering the weapon question, Parker told police, "I was getting ripped off by a hooker and a pimp. I was defending myself... you don't understand."

This guy is kicking it MAJOR old school!

Last edited:
What is the status of black powder weapons? I thought they weren't considered "firearms" under MA law. Then again, I never gave the whole thing much thought.

I guess he couldn't get his Bat'leth out in time.

Parker was then charged for attempted murder, discharging a firearm near a highway, discharging a firearm within 500 feet of a building, felony possession of a firearm and possessing ammunition without a firearms identification card, according to court documents.

Read more: http://www.sentinelandenterprise.co...ng-charges-shooting-at-3-people#ixzz4TmILb1H0

"Parker was then charged for attempted murder, discharging a firearm near a highway, discharging a firearm within 500 feet of a building, felony possession of a firearm and possessing ammunition without a firearms identification card, according to court documents."

What firearm?

What is the status of black powder weapons? I thought they weren't considered "firearms" under MA law. Then again, I never gave the whole thing much thought.

I guess he couldn't get his Bat'leth out in time.

They probably hooked him up on the shotgun for the illegal firearm part of it.

- - - Updated - - -

"Parker was then charged for attempted murder, discharging a firearm near a highway, discharging a firearm within 500 feet of a building, felony possession of a firearm and possessing ammunition without a firearms identification card, according to court documents."

What firearm?

The article said the cops found a shotgun.
Once officers made it to the second floor, they secured Parker with handcuffs after discovering a shotgun on a desk in his bedroom and asked him if he had any other weapons.

...after drug and sex-for-hire deal goes bad.

Ok, you'd think this is a normal gun story, right?

NOPE!

http://www.sentinelandenterprise.co...ng-charges-shooting-at-3-people#ixzz4TcAgNubr

This guy is kicking it MAJOR old school!
back in 88 when my friend and I were eighteen we got our carry permits but we're unable to buy handguns due the age restriction, I borrowed a 686 snub from my brother and my friend carried a black powder revolver because he could not get any other gun, was kind of hoping he would get in a shootout. [rofl]

In mass, its a firearm when the prosecutor wants it to be. See numerous cases where BB gun crimes are categorized as firearms.

back in 88 when my friend and I were eighteen we got our carry permits but we're unable to buy handguns due the age restriction, I borrowed a 686 snub from my brother and my friend carried a black powder revolver because he could not get any other gun, was kind of hoping he would get in a shootout. [rofl]

I can hit a steel gong at 100 yards with my cap and ball revolver. It is just a PITA to reload.

I have the 12" buffalo gun that Dixie Gun Works sells. The stainless steel one.

Charges are filed all the time and then dropped once a defense attorney is involved. It's a threat to try to get people to plea bargain or confess before they have adequate representation.

I again would ask for a cite.
I file charges all the time, if I dont have PC, there are zero charges, thats how it works, there is no "threat" aspect involved. Being arraigned on improper charges is irrelevant, as you cant plead guilty at an arraignment. Proper representation (if you didnt already have it) would come at this time as well.
A BB gun, or a black powder rifle, does not qualify as a firearm. Shooting someone with either would bring on an Assault and Battery with a Dangerous Weapon, to wit BB gun or BP pistol/rifle charge.

So, if I could get a cite, thatd be great, not just an assumption because Massachusetts.

On a school campus is a completely different animal, even an airsoft gun is considered a firearm

Prosecutors cant catergorize a BB gun as a firearm, because it isnt one, as you have noted. That is why I asked for a cite, Im curious as to where and when this has happened, and would like to see the outcome of same.

The Durfee HS article reflected the proper description of the BB gun (dangerous weapon) so it didnt magically become a firearm. Whether the charges were BS or not (they were, in my opinion) is irrelevant, tge BB gun was described properly.

Last edited:
On a school campus is a completely different animal, even an airsoft gun is considered a firearm

Prosecutors cant catergorize a BB gun as a firearm, because it isnt one, as you have noted. That is why I asked for a cite, Im curious as to where and when this has happened, and would like to see the outcome of same.

The Durfee HS article reflected the proper description of the BB gun (dangerous weapon) so it didnt magically become a firearm. Whether the charges were BS or not (they were, in my opinion) is irrelevant, tge BB gun was described properly.

How can a BB gun or airsoft gun become a firearm? Even if on school grounds? This is exactly what I was talking about. A BB gun does not magically become a rimfire/centerfire weapon once it crosses some line....

THis has to be a Mass thing.

lol...you could have used all the smoke as cover!

GPP,

I think some of these BPD news posts reference offenders being charged erroneously under firearms statutes:
http://bpdnews.com/search?q=replica

I know I've read on Wickedlocal, Patch, and other smaller papers of charges being filled and then later stories on the cases have guilty pleas or trials with the firearm charges dropped.

Legal Cite? (sorry had to)

I'm curious as to what happened with the sentence of the pittsfield armed non armed robber. I couldn't find anything after a year ago when they talk about the SJC kicking out the firearm part. No word on if they reduced the resulting sentence.

How can a BB gun or airsoft gun become a firearm? Even if on school grounds? This is exactly what I was talking about. A BB gun does not magically become a rimfire/centerfire weapon once it crosses some line....

THis has to be a Mass thing.

It is. MGL Chp 269 Sec 10, paragraph J. Its friggin bizarre, and certainly reeks of ambiguity, because of the "smoothbore arm" verbage.
Though I know this exists, Ive yet to see any decisions come down in regards to someone charged with it. Basically, you could use this one to charge someone with an airsoft gun on school grounds, but Im unaware of it being done, that is why I keep whining about getting a cite.

- - - Updated - - -

Legal Cite? (sorry had to)

MGL 269 10, paragraph J

I'm curious as to what happened with the sentence of the pittsfield armed non armed robber. I couldn't find anything after a year ago when they talk about the SJC kicking out the firearm part. No word on if they reduced the resulting sentence.

That ones not ringing a bell, my guess is that an armed robbery was committed using an airsoft, and the argument was that because it wasnt a real gun it shouldnt be armed robbery? Something along those lines?

That ones not ringing a bell, my guess is that an armed robbery was committed using an airsoft, and the argument was that because it wasnt a real gun it shouldnt be armed robbery? Something along those lines?

Sorry, it was the top link in the post you quoted, not your post. It was a couple of robberies with a BB gun made up to look like a gun, and they charged with armed robbery (Firearm). SJC said it doesn't fit, its actually unarmed robbery since if they wanted BB guns treated as guns it would be in the statute. But no word on whether they changed the 10-15 year sentence to something lower based on it now being unarmed.

They also said it could have been done as robbery with a dangerous (BB gun) but since they didn't charge that, it isnt that.

http://www.masslive.com/politics/index.ssf/2015/11/bb_gun_not_a_firearm_supreme_j.html

Back
Top Bottom