Luger Trigger Pull

Zappa

Road Warrior
NES Member
I have a 1937 Mauser built (S/42) Luger with the worst trigger pull of any gun I've ever owned.
The trigger pulls like mush, and the release doesn't happen until the trigger is pulled as far back as it can possibly travel.
I really like the gun, it's in decent shape and the accuracy is not too shabby, but the trigger feels like I'm squishing a Tootsie Roll.
Are there any tricks to clean up the pull a bit, or even just shorten up the travel ???

Luger_Left.jpg

Hmm strip her down, blow out gunk from the trigger/spring AND trigger bar assy, lube lightly and try again.
Make sure, the trigger spring is mounted correctly. If else fails, replace the trigger spring.
Oh, and beat the crap out of the guy who installed that barrel on an otherwise perfect P.08[smile]

http://stevespages.com/pdf/radocy_luger-parabellum.pdf

I agree with Jurgen, clean it out well first. There is a spring behind the trigger that likes to accumulate gunk. Also consider changing the sear bar spring - that is a flat peice of spring steel that isnt numbered so you wont destroy any value by doing so. As a final resort, get a replacement sear bar and stone it down to you liking. Save the original one for collectors sake, but you can do what you want to the sear on the sear bar.

Though I have an Erfurt that liked to double, triple and run-on because the sear on the bar was so worn out. I swapped it out so I can shoot it when I want. The trigger is actually pretty darn good. It is a bit mushy, but all luger's ive fired are like that probably due to the trigger spring. But the sear break is crisp.

Now, let's keep it civil....we're all friends, now! And Ms. Merkel will need some backup dealing with the Froggies, I think!

[laugh]

I use a Radom as part of my teaching Basic Pistol - a military pistol has different requirements than a tuned target gun. And if you're down to using a pistol in combat.....well, a stiff trigger probably won't be noticed, I'd guess!

, or even just shorten up the travel ???

You spelled barrel wrong! ;)

I agree with taking the trigger out and checking the spring. Use a toothpick/ Q-tip to clean out any gunk in the front part of the frame. The Luger trigger is known for being a little mushy.

Hmm strip her down, blow out gunk from the trigger/spring AND trigger bar assy, lube lightly and try again.
Make sure, the trigger spring is mounted correctly. If else fails, replace the trigger spring.
Oh, and beat the crap out of the guy who installed that barrel on an otherwise perfect P.08[smile]

http://stevespages.com/pdf/radocy_luger-parabellum.pdf

Thanks for posting this, I never stripped it down that far, I'll strip and clean the upper receiver and see if that helps.

As for the barrel, I bought it that way, it's all matching numbers except that and the magazine.
But, it wasn't stupid money either.
It functions as designed, the accuracy is decent, plus it looks a bit like the ridiculously expensive Artillary model. [smile]
I could get a normal 4" barrel for about a $100, if I wanted to, but I like it that this one is an oddball. [wink]

Back
Top Bottom