LTC in TX

I hear that they honor the MA LTC but is there anything i need to do to make sure i am all legit here in texas? anyone know?

Yes they do honor the MA LTC (I have a ranch in Texas). You might, as a courtesy, drop by the local police station and introduce yourself. They're real fine folks down there. Where are you going?

My mother has moved to north ridgeland hills next to hurst... And we were at the range today so it spiked my interests and when i drive down come spring time on my motorcycle it would be nice to be able to take my gun with me.. I carry every day at home so it feels a little funny to not carry here... Wass going to take it but the whole airport thing freaks me out with a gun

My mother has moved to north ridgeland hills next to hurst... And we were at the range today so it spiked my interests and when i drive down come spring time on my motorcycle it would be nice to be able to take my gun with me.. I carry every day at home so it feels a little funny to not carry here... Wass going to take it but the whole airport thing freaks me out with a gun

You're going to the Dallas/Ft. Worth area. It's become quite "progressive" so I would be careful. Your LTC is recognized and the COPS won't hassle you but don't make an issue of it anywhere. Just a "whisper in your ear" my friend.

And like ASHDUMP said "stay out of NY.

It is important to remember that although TX will honor your MA LTC, there are several restrictions on where a LTC is valid in TX that are not present in MA. A MA resident with an LTC-A has far fewer "restricted zones" in MA than in TX. Remember the Alamo means "remember it's a crime to carry in the Alamo since they have a 30.06 sign posted".

A) I always chuckle at the fact that their binding signage law is 30.06, and B) how do you avoid NY when driving? Is there a route that I'm unaware of?

You can't avoid it but you have the right to transport through it. So don't spend the night there.... just keep going.

Okay, that's what I thought. I completely understand not stopping, but saying "do not drive through NY" sorta confused me for a minute. Thanks for the clarification.

Well im already here in TX but i did not carry this time... I flew and i dont like flying never mind having to worry aboutmy gun on the way.. Thanks for all the rplys i will start looking for the 30.06 signs

Back
Top Bottom