LTC holder uses gun for self defense in Quincy, has LTC/gun(s) seized.

Bluff the police without lying. "Without looking at the fine print I believe I'm going to need to report this to BATFE. Can you give me specifics as to where the gun went missing? After I turned it in to Officer xxxxx where exactly did he place it and into whose custody did he consign it. Etc."

I wouldn't bluff, I'd pull out my phone and make the call, fill out the form when I got home. Watch them shit themselves as I'm a law-abiding citizen!

I'm still utterly baffled how any of this even remotely passes Constitutional muster. Then again, I'm baffled as to how "suitability" isn't textbook Arbitrary and Capricious.

You live in a fiefdom controlled by corrupt people with no fear of repercussions. This is why I don't live in that shit pit any longer. GTFO and live a little.

If youre charged criminally in MA, your LTC licensing authority will be notified automatically, oddly enough, its one of those systems within MA government that works flawlessly lol, I cant understand why.
Depending on the severity of those charges, your licensing authority will act accordingly.

IF he had shown up for the hearing, however, I'm going to make a WAG that none of this would have happened? (assuming the magistrate decided to let him off the hook, if he fixed his insurance, etc. )

-Mike

IF he had shown up for the hearing, however, I'm going to make a WAG that none of this would have happened? (assuming the magistrate decided to let him off the hook, if he fixed his insurance, etc. )

-Mike

Correct. If he had shown up at the clerks hearing, the same result would have taken place (dismissed with court costs).
My PD was notified of him being criminally charged originally ( month and a half ish ago), and because we occasionally use common sense at my place, there was no suspension at that point in time. When the default warrant came out yesterday though, it became a bit of a no brainer.

Correct. If he had shown up at the clerks hearing, the same result would have taken place (dismissed with court costs).
My PD was notified of him being criminally charged originally ( month and a half ish ago), and because we occasionally use common sense at my place, there was no suspension at that point in time. When the default warrant came out yesterday though, it became a bit of a no brainer.

This is the type of response I would hope for, given a chance to go before a judge and deal with the issue BEFORE any type of restriction of rights.

7. Stripped lowers are not firearms under MA law but, once you have had a chance to contest a 209A in court, you also become a federally prohibited person (the federal prohibition does not kick in until you have a chance to watch the kangaroo hop) and that includes frames/lowers. Playing games like "I am going to keep my stripped AR15 lowers" is likely to fall into the category of PSGWSP.

Removing the trigger assemblies doesn't work either, know someone who tried that. Also keep in mind the bonded warehouse does not care about protecting your guns from damage, the guy who tried the trigger thing lost some to The Powderhorn and they threw his stuff in the basement - when I helped rescue them a couple guns had some pretty significant rust spots on them.

Still have a couple evidence bags of various parts the PD confiscated. [laugh]

Well, they kind of have to determine if it was truly self defense or if the guy that fired his weapon acted inappropriately. I don't necessarily agree with the move, but I understand it. When a cop shoots someone it is standard to take the gun and either put them on leave or on inside duty where they are not armed. This is typically until they figure out what happened and physch tests and all that stuff are complete.

Again, it sucks, but the same thing would happen to anyone in this situation. If I was off duty and used a gun in self defense I'd expect the same treatment. And probably be stuck on inside duty and unable to work overtime.

until they charge him with something, his rights should be left in tact.

Honestly, this is the shit you hear about happening in Yokelsville, AR. You people on Massatwoshits are proud of this??

If we were in Yokelsville, AR, this shit would likely never happen, as they tend to respect 2A and the right to defend yourself a little more down there. Only in Commefornia, Mass, and a couple other places is this shit even possible.

Back
Top Bottom