LTC and residency issue:

Well I'm going to be moving to Wilmington (from the Cape) to work at a new job and I want to apply for my LTC. My current FID was issued from the Bourne PD since I've been living between my dad's house up in Bourne and my mom's on the cape, the police officer said to get it in the town the guns will primarily be stored and used in (Bourne).

SO! That brings me to the issue: Should I apply at the Bourne PD since that's where my FID is from, or try the Wilmington PD since I'll be moving up there, or should I go to the Bourne PD and then when I get the LTC file a change of address?

The only reason I'm considering the last option is that I think it'd be easier to get the LTC-A from the Bourne PD than in Wilmington, as Wilmington is up near Boston.

Apply now before you relocate, that is if Bourne is one of the cities that will issue a LTC-A ALP or its equivilent.

I wouldn't officially move until I had the LTC in hand,then I would move the next week and notify the Chief and the RMV that I moved, but not before nor notify either entity until you have offcially moved.

I have a feeling that you haven't read the incredible thread in General Discussion called "Guide to Gun Rights in Your Massachusetts Town"

http://northeastshooters.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=8703

Wilmington isn't THAT close to Boston...Still a good 20-25 minutes. Wilmington is GREEN on the list because they issue LTC-A with no restrictions. It appears as though Bourne is the same way, according to our list, so the choice is more a matter of convenience for when you have the time.

I wouldn't officially move until I had the LTC in hand,then I would move the next week and notify the Chief and the RMV that I moved, but not before nor notify either entity until you have offcially moved.

Insufficient.

There are specific notice requirements and informing just one chief doesn't satisfy them. Notice must be sent to the chief which ISSUED the license, the chief of the municipality you NOW live in AND the FRB. Use Certified Mail, Return Receipt.

This has been covered before and is on the GOAL website - as well as being put in The Outdoor Message about every other month.

I have a feeling that you haven't read the incredible thread in General Discussion called "Guide to Gun Rights in Your Massachusetts Town"

http://northeastshooters.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=8703

Wilmington isn't THAT close to Boston...Still a good 20-25 minutes. Wilmington is GREEN on the list because they issue LTC-A with no restrictions. It appears as though Bourne is the same way, according to our list, so the choice is more a matter of convenience for when you have the time.

No, I hadn't looked at that thread, but I will check it out. Thank you.

Being that it's green, I'll wait until next week when I've moved up there to apply. I'm also gonna go check out the GOAL website and join up.

Thanks to everyone for their input.

If both are green, I'd play it safe and apply in Bourne while you're still a resident there, then if you're rejected for whatever reason, you can re-apply in Wilmington after you move. But make sure if you do get it in Bourne, that you properly notify both town chiefs, plus the appropriate state agency of the move, via certified mail.

Back
Top Bottom