Low-tec aiming aid 4 fast, automatic, and accurate aiming

Status
Not open for further replies.
at close quarters.

My latest video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lLrJBYSYsok

The aiming aid is patented, but individuals are welcome to add one to their personal gun/s at their own risk and expense. I have the patent, so I can say that. US 6023874

Ditto for Police Agencies.

http://www.pointshooting.com/1ahowto.htm
A link to info on how to do that.

With all the flat sided mini's coming out with their short back to front radius, the device could be a big help in insuring fast, mechanical, and correct sight alignment, and fast and accurate target engagement (per the U.S. Army's note about pointing and fast and accurate target engagement).

Then, if there are sights on the gun, and if circumstances allow for their use, the sights can and should be used.

Another plus is that, if the light is bad, or the situation is a dynamic one, or if the sights are dark and the target is dressed in black and you are at close quarters, you still will have a viable SD option at your disposal. A couple of magazines and three or four targets at 15 feet +/-, should prove that to you.

Consider it as a Sight Shooting assistant/enhancement, not a device to thwart sight use.

Even the NRA, recognizes the need for options.

In Chapter 6 - of the NRA's guide to the basics of personal protection in the home that was published in 2000, we find that "...real-life violent encounters occur at very close range, often in reduced-light conditions, and are over in a matter of seconds. One study of Police shootings in a major urban area showed that the majority of encounters took place after dark, at 3 yards or less, in less than 3 seconds, and involved the firing of an average of three shots."

It goes on to say: "Often, either the assailant or the defender - or both - are moving rapidly during the encounter. Such conditions do not permit the careful alignment of the sights on a specific aiming point on the target."

And if not that, then what will you do?

I will be interested in how it is received at the next IDPA Winter nationals at S&W

I welded an eight inch piece of rusted angle iron onto my XD40 and it works just as well.

Hope I didn't violate your patent!

Now that was just plain dumb, Weebs. You coulda glued two popsicle sticks together and got the same results and not made the gun a heavy anchor.[smile]

I tried this on my Sig, but being left handed I glued the slide stop, takedown lever and decocker into immobility.

Did you patent those features, too???

[rofl]

I just patented my own low-tech training aid. The way mine works is you simply "JB Weld" a broomstick to your slide, press the tip of the broomstick against your attacker (carefully as to not push it out of battery), and then pull your trigger. The impact is guaranteed to be right next to where you touched the broomstick. Here's a photo of my ingenious design.

1911_Govt_pistol.jpg

I just patented my own low-tech training aid. The way mine works is you simply "JB Weld" a broomstick to your slide, press the tip of the broomstick against your attacker (carefully as to not push it out of battery), and then pull your trigger. The impact is guaranteed to be right next to where you touched the broomstick. Here's a photo of my ingenious design.

1911_Govt_pistol.jpg
[rofl]

The aiming aid is patented, but individuals are welcome to add one to their personal gun/s at their own risk and expense. I have the patent, so I can say that. US 6023874

Did you only get it patented in the clear plastic shown in the Youtube video? So I can stick a black piece of plastic on my Glock and not violate your patent? How about a fuchsia one? And how much are you [STRIKE]raping people[/STRIKE] selling these for? $19.99 each?

[laugh]

1911_Govt_pistol.jpg

Nice. Does it come in different lengths? If I'm shooting @ 10y the only way to be sure I'm on target is to get a 30' broomstick. Maybe we can just duct-tape a few together, eh?

Nice. Does it come in different lengths? If I'm shooting @ 10y the only way to be sure I'm on target is to get a 30' broomstick. Maybe we can just duct-tape a few together, eh?

No, you guys are doing it wrong. What you do is take a long piece of string. Tape one end to the bullseye and the other to the frame of the gun. Then just pull it tight. Instant aiming device and you can shoot gangsta style if you want.

Last edited:
No, you guys are doing it wrong. What you do is take a long piece of string. Tape one end to the bullseye and the other to the frame of the gun. Then just pull it tight. Instant aiming device and you can shoot gangsta style if you want.

Did you patent that marvelous idea? If not I'm going to right now!

I didn't even notice this from your webpage

july11.jpg

How, exactly, would one holster that weapon safely? Fist of all, even if it fit with the angle iron on it, how do you get that in a holster without shooting your leg off?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom