low budget blaztech shotguns

(really not sure where to place these questions...)

question #1
has anyone ever heard of or had a blaztech 12g single shot breach loading(?) shotgun before??

http://www.wholesalehunter.com/product.asp?productid=14981

i'm thinking of picking one up just to keep in the house for Home Defense..(or occasional range use).just something different from my beretta

i can either get it for $77.00 plus shipping at above link or stop by my local K-mart and get it for $100.00..

question # 2
seeing that i've never bought a firearm before(my beretta was a gift),is there a waiting period for shotguns? (probably should just check my state laws)

Shoot, for $100 I say get one and find out, take it to the range, play with it a while and see if you like it. If it turns out to suck, your only out short cash. As far as home defense goes, for not much more $ you can pick up a used mossy 500 pump gun. It will give you quicker follow up shots and proven reliability. IMHO A cheap breach loader would be fine for plinking of maybe even hunting, but I wouldn't rely on it for protection.

I think in a lot of states, they call that "the truck gun", meaning it is something you toss under the seat of your truck with the tire iron, tow rope, and flare.

i'll have to see about getting it and try it out.thanks for the replys..

*btw,thank you for putting this where it belongs..*

Last edited:
Single shot for home defense? Not for me.

If you want a SG for home defence go to your local gun shop and pick up a used pump action Mossberg 500 or Remington 870 for $150-200. It will be a more versitle gun for you overall and likely higher quality.

Matt

They are low cost kick around shotguns. People get them as a first shotgun and find out that they kick so bad they never get another. As Matt said, get a used Mossberg 500, Remington 870 or even a Winchester 1300. All of them are better for home defence and cost just a bit more.

Go to Kittery or any place that sells used guns. A M500 or R870 would be perfect, or you could even find a Maverick (Mossberg) Model 88 which can be had for under $125 used and is still a perfectly fine, reliable pump gun.

How can one non-auto shotgun kick any more than another in the same gauge? I can see if maybe there is less of a buttstock pad, but that is about it.

Good Kickaround Gun

Good Kickaround Gun.

I have had many of that same style 12 Ga break open single shot over the yeard. Ranging from a $20 second had all the way to a $79, brand new and many inbetween. They all seem to last 10,000 shots with much problems other than having to shove a stick down the barrel to bang out stuck shells that have been reloaded hot too many times.

Great gun to leave in your pickup truck or boat for those unexpected monents. Ever been driving down the road and had a Road Chicken strutting in front of you just daring you to shoot. Pow! Nows your chance. Or been Cod Fishing and hook up to a 300 pound shark. Blam a slug to the head will calm it down.

Go ahead and get it. You can always get your money back if you dont like it after a few thounds shots.

Back
Top Bottom