• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Love my SigPro 2022, Hate that there are no preban mags available for it.......

CMEBoston

NES Member
So I made my own!
Recently my dad bought a beretta 92 with cripple mags, and i noticed his mags were very similar to my SP2022 mags, so I bought a couple pre-ban M9-92fs mags to see if I could get them to work in my 2022, figuring if they didn't work I would just give them to the old man for his Beretta, but they do work! Here's how I did it.

First lets look at the mags side by side, notice the mag release notch is not there and is not ambidextrous, there is also no slide lock notch.
OG beretta mag next to sig mag.jpg
its clear we need to do some dremel work.

Next step is the field strip the gun and remove the mag release button
Stripped frame with OG mag.jpg

i then inserted the factory mag and made note of where the top of the feedlip is relative to the mag release notch in the frame.
Sig mag slide clearance.jpg
OG mag cutout in release hole.jpg

Next step was to insert the Beretta mag in to achieve the same feedlip clearance and mark out where the notches need to be for the mag release. i did both sides since the mag release can be changed for the lefty shooter (I am lefty but prefer it on the left side so all my guns are consistent.
beretta mag slide clearance.jpg
Beretta mag release hole.jpg
Mag catch drawn on OG beretta mag.jpg
we also need to mark out the cut out for the slide lock lever
mag catch and slide lock cutout drawn on OG beretta mag.jpg

some work with the dremel and files
Slide lock and mag catch cut out on beretta mag.jpg
file shot.jpg

To be continued

- - - Updated - - -

Last edited:
Checking the release notch in the frame
Beretta mag release hole.jpg

the followers that came in the mags I got don't hold the slide back 100% of the time but I found replacements
Beretta follwer vs Sig follower.jpg
replacment follower and spring.PNG
I also had to sacrifice one of my backstraps to fit the KVD floorplate, Ive ordered stamped floorplates to try on my other backstrap.
Backstrap mod.jpg
Also had to round off the KVD floorplates
KVD floorplate mod.jpg

Notes:
I put the Sig follower in the beretta mag for slide hold function, this reduces capacity from 17 to 16 but holds slide open. logic is this mag will be in the gun, second mag is sig 10 rounder and 3rd mag is sig 10 rounder with KVD follower, if im using 3 mags I wont care that the last mag doesnt hold the slide back ill be out of ammo by then....
I screwed up and tried to cut the old KVD floorplate instead of the backstrap, ruining the other floorplate. I have replacements on the way.

these will still function 100% in a Beretta 92.... so i may have to get one myself.

hope you find this helpful and I welcome any feedback.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom