• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Lots of Mausers at the current Amoskeag listing

majspud

NES Life Member
NES Member
Lots of Mausers at the current Amoskeag listing

Entire listing:

t

Last edited:
I saw a few ok prices if you get the items on the low side of the bids. Other than that prices are a bit stout add on the fees and the shipping or trip up and it better be something you really must have

Saw an interesting 1903 with a star gauge barrel. There's a nice pre 64 Winchester in .243 that would make an excellent hunting rifle for someone.

Auction underway.

HOLY CRAP BATMAN. 2 digit SN 1911 Colt. $70,000; that's a buyer's premium of $12,250 for a total of $82,250. They also take the seller for the same amount....Amoskeag made $25,000.
t
Screen Shot 2020-11-21 at 10.08.38 AM.png

And people wonder why I call these auction houses thieves for taking a vig from both sides! F them
I get that but are you going to sell a $50k pistol on a forum?
Its not like its a surprise fee. Everyone agrees to the rape....

I get that but are you going to sell a $50k pistol on a forum?
Its not like its a surprise fee. Everyone agrees to the rape....

No everyone doesn't agree to it, they don't have a choice! And it didn't used to be a rape on both sides, that's a fairly new 'innovation' by the auction houses.

But yeah I would sell a $50K pistol on Gunbroker and pay a fraction of the fee. I watched a Singer 1911 sell for nearly that much recently on GB in fact.

Eh , you need to agree to sell and buy on the auction
some people just want it sold period and it appears these fees are a non issue for those buying and selling at such places.
fun stuff

I suspect this 1911 madness will crash. I thought $2K was ridiculous for old mil issue versions. In my lifetime (and I'm not that old) those were basically junk guns a step or two above old Iver Johnson top break revolvers. $50K+ is more bizarre than paying $.5 mil for a Shelby Cobra.

No everyone doesn't agree to it, they don't have a choice! And it didn't used to be a rape on both sides, that's a fairly new 'innovation' by the auction houses.

But yeah I would sell a $50K pistol on Gunbroker and pay a fraction of the fee. I watched a Singer 1911 sell for nearly that much recently on GB in fact.
They do have a choice to not participate.

I agree it's rape, but you do have a choice to not go and buy anything.

Won this matched byf43 (Obendorf) K98 for $1200 before fees. Brilliant bore (went and looked last Wednesday). Another byf43 just after this one went for $850, but had a hunk out of the stock and a dirty bore. My second choice, a nicer matched byf44, went for $900 - go figure [angry2] . Just need a sight hood. Have a couple slings.
t
Screen Shot 2020-11-22 at 1.45.19 PM.png

Last edited:
Consigning at a LGS costs you 20%.
t

Yes but the LGS doesn't then charge you 20% on top of the listed price to buy it. That's what I have the issue with is charging me for the 'privilege' of buying what you're selling on top of the price I paid on top of the vig you're taking from the price I paid before you pay the seller.

Yes but the LGS doesn't then charge you 20% on top of the listed price to buy it. That's what I have the issue with is charging me for the 'privilege' of buying what you're selling on top of the price I paid on top of the vig you're taking from the price I paid before you pay the seller.
not a fan of that either , but the auction houses have learned people will pay. My grand mother used to bitch about the $2 they charged to get into local auction house and another .50 cents if you wanted a "paddle" . I swear though 30+ years ago you found much better deals at auctions.
I went to a local auction summer 2019 it was a full retail battle! Place was small and they charged a flat $5 fee for each purchase. No idea what seller fees where.

As NH just got tagged as a “red” for COVID by MA, I’ll have to cancel my drive up plans for Monday AM, and arrange to have it shipped.
t

For $40 plus maybe another $20 for the transfer? Worth it- not because of wu flu but because of time plus vehicle expense saved.

Nice Mauser, by the way.

Back
Top Bottom