Lots of Mausers at the current Amoskeag listing

majspud

NES Life Member
NES Member
Lots of Mausers at the current Amoskeag listing

Entire listing:

t

Last edited:
I saw a few ok prices if you get the items on the low side of the bids. Other than that prices are a bit stout add on the fees and the shipping or trip up and it better be something you really must have

Saw an interesting 1903 with a star gauge barrel. There's a nice pre 64 Winchester in .243 that would make an excellent hunting rifle for someone.

Auction underway.

HOLY CRAP BATMAN. 2 digit SN 1911 Colt. $70,000; that's a buyer's premium of $12,250 for a total of $82,250. They also take the seller for the same amount....Amoskeag made $25,000.
t
Screen Shot 2020-11-21 at 10.08.38 AM.png

And people wonder why I call these auction houses thieves for taking a vig from both sides! F them
I get that but are you going to sell a $50k pistol on a forum?
Its not like its a surprise fee. Everyone agrees to the rape....

I get that but are you going to sell a $50k pistol on a forum?
Its not like its a surprise fee. Everyone agrees to the rape....

No everyone doesn't agree to it, they don't have a choice! And it didn't used to be a rape on both sides, that's a fairly new 'innovation' by the auction houses.

But yeah I would sell a $50K pistol on Gunbroker and pay a fraction of the fee. I watched a Singer 1911 sell for nearly that much recently on GB in fact.

Eh , you need to agree to sell and buy on the auction
some people just want it sold period and it appears these fees are a non issue for those buying and selling at such places.
fun stuff

I suspect this 1911 madness will crash. I thought $2K was ridiculous for old mil issue versions. In my lifetime (and I'm not that old) those were basically junk guns a step or two above old Iver Johnson top break revolvers. $50K+ is more bizarre than paying $.5 mil for a Shelby Cobra.

No everyone doesn't agree to it, they don't have a choice! And it didn't used to be a rape on both sides, that's a fairly new 'innovation' by the auction houses.

But yeah I would sell a $50K pistol on Gunbroker and pay a fraction of the fee. I watched a Singer 1911 sell for nearly that much recently on GB in fact.
They do have a choice to not participate.

I agree it's rape, but you do have a choice to not go and buy anything.

Won this matched byf43 (Obendorf) K98 for $1200 before fees. Brilliant bore (went and looked last Wednesday). Another byf43 just after this one went for $850, but had a hunk out of the stock and a dirty bore. My second choice, a nicer matched byf44, went for $900 - go figure [angry2] . Just need a sight hood. Have a couple slings.
t
Screen Shot 2020-11-22 at 1.45.19 PM.png

Last edited:
Consigning at a LGS costs you 20%.
t

Yes but the LGS doesn't then charge you 20% on top of the listed price to buy it. That's what I have the issue with is charging me for the 'privilege' of buying what you're selling on top of the price I paid on top of the vig you're taking from the price I paid before you pay the seller.

Yes but the LGS doesn't then charge you 20% on top of the listed price to buy it. That's what I have the issue with is charging me for the 'privilege' of buying what you're selling on top of the price I paid on top of the vig you're taking from the price I paid before you pay the seller.
not a fan of that either , but the auction houses have learned people will pay. My grand mother used to bitch about the $2 they charged to get into local auction house and another .50 cents if you wanted a "paddle" . I swear though 30+ years ago you found much better deals at auctions.
I went to a local auction summer 2019 it was a full retail battle! Place was small and they charged a flat $5 fee for each purchase. No idea what seller fees where.

As NH just got tagged as a “red” for COVID by MA, I’ll have to cancel my drive up plans for Monday AM, and arrange to have it shipped.
t

For $40 plus maybe another $20 for the transfer? Worth it- not because of wu flu but because of time plus vehicle expense saved.

Nice Mauser, by the way.

Back
Top Bottom